marysongal

Profile rejection

Hi! Recently I've decided to close my account (I can give you the previous email and confirm it) and now I decided to create a new account with new email, which contains almost the same information in the profile as the previous account - and it keeps being rejected. I suspect, that this is because the system thinks my new account is a fraud - please confirm or please explain why does it get rejected? You know, it's a big frustration, that I have been on UpWork for quite a long time, but now I cannot even get accepted.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r

@Mary S wrote:

Hi! Recently I've decided to close my account (I can give you the previous email and confirm it) and now I decided to create a new account with new email, w

You are categorically not allowed to do that.

Contact Support and ask them to open your previous account again.

Thank you for the quick reply - could you please tell me, where exactly should I write to concerning this issue? The only way I found to contact the support is on these forums.

g_vasilevski

Hi Mary,

You can send me the details in a PM(click on my name) and I will open a ticket for you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran

Unfortunately, I am not able to private message here - it says "Access denied". Sorry, if there's something I'm doing wrong - I have no idea why.

g_vasilevski

Hi Mary,

I`ll investigate why you could not write me a PM. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly about your problem, you will receive an email notification as well that you can reply to directly from your email if you can`t access your ticket.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran

Hi Mary,

I had undergone the same frustrattion you are currently undergoing, it took me umpteenth tries to get my profile approved. There could be a variety of reasons as to why your profile is being rejected and as far as I know Upwork states it on the email. If you know your old URL profile attach it to your email when you reply to Upwork. It worked for me. Keep the faith, your patience is worth the wait.

Good Luck!

Wilma