🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile related
Page options
sim_khush
Community Member

Profile related

Hi,

I am a newbie for Upwork with a vision that will be converting it to the agency once i got some projects as i already have a good team to work on multiple projects. So with that vision in my mind I have registered a company which i will be using for Agency and already created Social Media pages for opening up the traffic into my upwork profile so that it is visible to more clients and i can get better opportunities.

I am promoting my profile on Linkedin, Twitter with reference to the pages i have created for my agency.

Hopefully that is fine and i am not voilating any TOS.

4 REPLIES 4
filip_knezevic
Community Member

That is perfecty fine.

Good luck with the agency.

I think Upwork agency can probably really work only if you have a lot of private clients that you can bring to Upwork.

I had an Agency and I had a very succecfull start, yet still closed it after a while as it was not profitable, just a pain in the *Edited for Community Guidlines*...

Clients don't like agencies, freelancers can steal your clients etc. Not really worth it, if you ask me.

I think Upwork agency can probably really work only if you have a lot of private clients that you can bring to Upwork.

Why would he do that`? If he has a lot of private clients, why pay Upwork fees to work with clients you already have or found elsewhere?

Filip K wrote:

Clients don't like agencies.

Correct.

Hey Petra,

Currently i am using my personal profile but later i will add few members who will work full time with me when i will convert my profile into Agency. 

I have already registered a firm as per my long term vision so should i use all the details associated with my firm into my personal profile.

like: GSTIN, Bank Details for accepting the payment and paying membership fees to upwork. 

As my name and my firm bank details are not same.

Will that create any issue later?

Suraj M wrote:

Currently i am using my personal profile but later i will add few members who will work full time with me when i will convert my profile into Agency. 

You can't "convert" an individual profile into an agency profile. You'd have to add an agency to your individual profile. Then get your team to create profiles, if they are accepted you can add them to your agency.

Suraj M wrote:

I have already registered a firm as per my long term vision so should i use all the details associated with my firm into my personal profile.

No. You can add them to the agency if you ever get as far as creating one. Try to and see if you can gain traction without being hindered by the agency association first though.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members