Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile set to private

Highlighted
Dobrivoje M Member Since: Nov 22, 2017
1 of 4

Hello,

button "Get help" still is not working.  I wanted to ask 2 questions. 

I have attended upwork events in Belgrade. And I was advised to set my profile to "Not available" when I cannot work. And last time my profile was public. And now when I wanted to set back again to "Available" my profile is set to "Private" by UpWork. And this all happened in a very short period of time! If I did not change my availability, my profile would be still public. 

I think this is a very cruel thing by up work. I was sick and could not work. And this is how UpWork is punishing me?! 

2nd question: I asked the client several times to close the job as work is done. And the client is unresponsive. This can look bad on my job score. What is best to do and what I can do besides that? My only mistake is that I took my chances with this client besides that he had medium feedback from other freelancers. 

Thank you

Vladimir G Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Dobrivoje,

1. Note that your profile was set to private due to not having earned in the last 30 days. Please check the related announcement, refer to the notification you received before your profile visibility was updated and select one of the available option to change your profile back to public.

2. If the client isn't responding to your requests, you can consider closing the job yourself.

Dobrivoje M Member Since: Nov 22, 2017
3 of 4

This is the completely generic copy-paste reply from you. My last earnings were 17th November. Sometime after that I have changed my availability. So It has not passed 30 days. Even if I have had not changed my availability for my profile should be still public. 

Also on UpWork Events it is said when changing my availability it will not have impact regarding status "Private" od "Public"

How can I deal this with this issue with (besides this way) upwork support directly when "get help" button still not working? I doubt that I will solve problem here

What kind of impact will be on my job score if I close contract by myself and what kind if I leave it open?

Vladimir G Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Dobrivoje,

I'm sorry if my reply came off as generic. The fact is that your most recent payment was issued on November 2. and your profile was set to private in line with the initiative described in the announcement post I shared and the notification you received. Changing your availability doesn't affect your profile visibility in any way and to reiterate, you can use one of the available option and change your profile back to public in a few easy steps.

Also, I checked and can confirm you do have the option to submit a support request, as shown in the screenshot below.

CS Request.png

Inactive contracts can start having a negative impact on a freelancer's score after a certain time farme. Contracts without feedback can negatively affect the score if there's a pattern of contract with this outcome and clients do have the option to leave private and public feedback once a contract is closed by a freelancer. We can't specify the impact your contract will have on your score in each of these scenarios.

I hope you receive at least some answers and useful information in the Community, let us know if you have more questions and do review the resources shared in my initial response.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS