🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile set to private?
Page options
90ad35d8
Community Member

Profile set to private?

Got this email from Upwork - "We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately...we have changed your profile to 'private' until you are ready to start taking on new jobs."

Really? Just yesterday, one client closed a contract and another person found my profile and hired me for a new contract. Good thing my profile wasn't set to private yesterday or I would have missed out.

Please dont sabotage your active freelancers!

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

It's a poorly worded and confusing communication. What really happened is that you went thirty days without a payment transaction. When that happens, your profile automatically switches to private. The notification includes a link to request it be switched back. The reason they do it is so clients running searches won't have to slog through tens of thousands of FLs who are not active and engaged. It's an imperfect system and can be annoying.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amber,

I can confirm that the profile you're using to post in the Community hasn't been sent to private. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the email address you received that notification on? Or a screenshot of the email where the recepient's address is visible?

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members