🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile stuck at 40% completion. Says "Ad...
Page options
rhceguru
Community Member

Profile stuck at 40% completion. Says "Add work history +30%"

Hello,

My profile is stuck at 40% of being completed. It shows me the link that says "Add work history +30%" but when click it - I just get redirected to my work history. It's already there, I can see my completed projects. I don't see any option to submit my work history or do anything that woud get me this "Add work history +30%"

Please advise.

Work history:

upw2.png

Add work history +30%

upw1.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aleksandr,

The section that needs to be completed is at the bottom of your profile, named "Employment History". This refers to your work history outside the platform which needs to be added by yourself. Feel free to have a look at this help article for more details on how to achieve 100% completion.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandr R wrote:

My profile is stuck at 40% of being completed.

Before you do anything else, change that **Edited for Community Guidelines** avatar to a real photograph of yourself before you get suspended...

rhceguru
Community Member

Petra, I didn't know having real photo was a requirement. I had this avatar since 2012. Going to take a photo and upload it later today.

rhceguru
Community Member

I changed photo in my main Upwork profile, but one if the forum is still the old one. How do I change it?

NikolaS

Hi Aleksandr,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I can see how this could be confusing and I'll be sure to share your flag with our team. There are many ways to get to a 100% completed profile, but some items are required. To reach 60% you’ll need a photo, title, overview, at least one employment history item, and at least one skill tag. Please check this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rhceguru
Community Member

I have all of the items have listed. My issue is that Upwork asking me to assd job history, while I already have job history. I'm going to change my avatar that I had since 2012 to my real photo later toady, but I don't think that's the issue. It's Upwork not recognizing my job history 😞

rhceguru
Community Member

I don't think this issue can be resolved by fellow community members.

How can I open support ticket? There used to be a link to do that but I can't find it now.

Hi Aleksandr,

I can see that your profile picture has been updated. Regarding your concern with the profile completion percentage, when you're in your Job Feed page, under "Availability" you should be able to see tips that will outline what is missing and this can help you achieve 100% completion. Let me know if you need further assistance and I'd be happy to help.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rhceguru
Community Member

Luiggi, the tip you are talking about is askng me to Add Work History for +30%

upw1.png

However, I already have my Job history updated, but this is not reflected in my profile completion percentage. As you can see - I already have 5 jobs in the job history:

upw2.png

Do you know how can I open ticket to Upwork support, so they can take a look at this issue? Seems like a bug to me.

Hi Aleksandr,

The section that needs to be completed is at the bottom of your profile, named "Employment History". This refers to your work history outside the platform which needs to be added by yourself. Feel free to have a look at this help article for more details on how to achieve 100% completion.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rhceguru
Community Member

Yes, that worked! Thank yo!

a61245ba
Community Member

Is Employment history necessary for solving this problem? Because I'm also facing the same issue. My profile completion is stuck at 40% even if I added my Education and Portfolio. Please help.

HI Kartar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you were able to complete your profile to 90%. Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
a61245ba
Community Member

Thank You, I see, it is necessary to add an Employment History. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths