🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile views big decrease after new year
Page options
filip_silobod
Community Member

Profile views big decrease after new year

Hi

I had some success with upwork and got a couple of projects. I did find a niche in which I was good. However, after new year I get no messages from my proposal and no profile views. Is it some algorithm that pushes down my proposals or something?

9 REPLIES 9
robin_hyman
Community Member

Your profile isn't public so I cannot comment on it, but it sounds like you just had some bad luck.  There is no algorithm for proposal submissions.  However, there is for search.  Your # profile views changes weekly as your profile is shuffled to the top, middle or bottom of the search results.  

I'll make it public temporarily. It could be I fear because i didn't get a 5 star on my last job which is a joke, I just didn't know how to enter time in upwork

Your profile is still private

Thanks!

Some comments:

* Remove "Hello" - only the first 2-3 lines show up in search so use the space with meaningful words

* Remove all of the promises - you can't make promises but you can discuss improvements based on the strategies you follow that work

* I like the successes, but it gets lost in paragraph form.  How about:  

Successes to date:

* The Rock Hotel:  #1 for "weddings Gibaltar", 46% increase in traffic for weddings

* Client Z: 90% increase in relevant organic traffic while maintaining same bounce rate (very rare); 5% increase in conversion --> 107% increase in conversions!

Don't worry to much about that 3.85.  You don't have a JSS yet and yes it will negatively affect it.  However, the more work you complete in the short future, the less it will have a great impact on the JSS.  

Thanks. I always wondered how would my proposal look from the other side, from the perspective of the employer

Hi Robin 

I got this message now, unbelievable.

Because you haven't earned money on Upwork in a while, we set your profile to "private."

If you want to switch your profile back to "public," either start earning again, sign up for a Freelancer Plus Membership, or contact customer support.

Hi Filip,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Filip S wrote:

Hi Robin 

I got this message now, unbelievable.

Because you haven't earned money on Upwork in a while, we set your profile to "private."

If you want to switch your profile back to "public," either start earning again, sign up for a Freelancer Plus Membership, or contact customer support.

You can also just contact customer service to get it set back to public but the moderator is doing that for you.  No need to pay for Freelancer Plus.  Even if your profile is set to private you can still apply for jobs and clients will be able to view your profile.  You just won't get invitations to jobs.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths