🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile views drop
Page options
flavia-torrisi
Community Member

Profile views drop

Hello, today I noticed that my stats is showing 0 views for this week and the past weeks. Is there any bug?

Thank you in advance, Flavia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tom Z wrote:

Same issue here today...

It's a bug.

0 views.jpg

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92
tatianart
Community Member

Hi! The same bug is here. 

malegoz
Community Member

My profile view also drop down to 0. for two weeks. 

And I didn't get any job for about 2 weeks. 
I don't know how can I solve this problem.

wahabrehman1
Community Member

Hello, 

I have just started working on upwork and I am submitting proposals and not getting any views or invitation from clients. Is there anything wrong with my profile please let me know how to fix my profile to get jobs. 

Best Regards, 

Wahab Rehman 

Hi All,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

I would like to confirm that our engineering team is aware of this problem and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Have the badges for "Getting Noticed" and "Popular with Clients" been removed, or is it just because of this bug that I can't see those badges anymore?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muiz,

I believe you are referring to the test discussed here. In that case, it's not related. We are testing out various messaging to see if it helps boost client engagement and results in more opportunities for freelancers like you. Since it's a test, those messages and banners can show in different places on the site.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you very much for your reply. Would it be possible to tell us a little more about the bug? I mean, does it make the profile views look as if there are none or we're really also disappearing from search results? Is it affecting anything else, like probably our position in the proposals list? I see that I'm not the only one who stopped receiving invitations.

Thanks again.

Hi Carlos,

Rest assured freelancers are not hidden from search results. Clients can still find you in search results and invite you to their job posting.

The only affected area at the moment is the profile views section under My Stats that is showing 0 views on your profile. 

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

when will this newly found bug be resolved..all these things really create doubt that things are not going right , something is wrong i guess many have complained they are not getting interviews or not found in search results..

can things be little uncomplicated please:(

Hello,

On the Stats page, my profile views suddenly went to 0. I usually track them in each week and many times in the week but when today I have seen then it showed completely 0. Something really weird happening to my profile.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 12.46.46 PM.png

Also one more thing I have observed that I have applied to many jobs but no one has replied to me and this is happening to me since last month so I am worried that my proposals are not reaching out to the client. Not sure whats problem but I am observing weird things happening to my profile.

It would be good if any officials from Upwork will give serious attention to this.

@Goran can you please answer to my post?

Thanks,

Vinod 

Same to me 😞

Thank you very much for your reply, Goran. 

Is the software/development team completely sure this is the only area affected? It's difficult to rest assured of that because it doesn't seem like a coincidence that it's not just a couple of freelancers who haven't gotten any invitation in this period after getting them consistently. As I said, I can't find myself anymore in search results.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

I just checked this for you and was able to locate your account by searching your name:

1.png

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
karkas44
Community Member

Thank you very much Bojan.

I did the same test and was able to find myself; however, very far in the search results. Now, if you do the same search by Spanish translator, captioner, subtitler, or any of those search terms that apply for me, I'm sure you won't be able to find my in the first 10 pages while, last week or two weeks ago, I was getting invitations consistently. That has a strong and close connection with the fact that my invitations just disappeared and, when seeing this same thing has been happening to other freelancers, one can just make connections between this and the profile views disappearing.

anastasiaa_
Community Member

I faced the same issue. 

My profile view also drop down to 0. I didn't get any job for about 2 weeks.

The bug seems to be traveling.  My 'views' were fine until yesterday. 

An ETA on fix please - esp. IF this latest bug is impacting anything other than strictly what FLers see on their profiles.

@ Goren:  These words are WHY people are concerned:  "The only affected area at the moment is ..."

florydev
Community Member

I find this amusing because even if your stats dropped to 0 what would you do about it? Statistics that are not actionable are tantalizing but irrelevant. Without knowing why someone didn’t look at your profile or didn’t hire you any action you take is pure guesswork and might do more harm than good, not that these statistics would be enough to know.

Mark, speaking just for myself ... when one thing breaks history has proven more glitches follow.   😞

Wendy C wrote:

Mark, speaking just for myself ... when one thing breaks history has proven more glitches follow.   😞

I see, that is something to be concerned with.  Since is in line with what I do...I cannot pretend to be surprised.

It just struck me that I would never have known without this post because every time I see those numbers iI am not sure what any it even means.  For example, is the people viewing my profile coming in from anywhere?  What if it is just people checking me out from a  forum post.  I think numbers are comforting to most people, gives them a sense of progress I guess.

To the best of my understanding, U does not differentiate between buyer vs FL views.  So, basically, the views stat is worthless when it comes to trying to extrapolate any valid info from the numbers/trends.

Mark F wrote:
I find this amusing because even if your stats dropped to 0 what would you do about it? Statistics that are not actionable are tantalizing but irrelevant. Without knowing why someone didn’t look at your profile or didn’t hire you any action you take is pure guesswork and might do more harm than good, not that these statistics would be enough to know.

You're truly and utterly failing to understand that the complaints are not about those numbers, but rather their connection to the number of invitations falling to zero for freelancers who were getting them consistently. If it was only the invitations, one could think clients haven't been looking for our specific skills in this period of time. However, this "coincidence," is what raises the issue.

Thanks for pointing out my truly and utterly failing to understand things.  I appreciate it.

Still don't see how you can coorelate that number to anything.  I can guess that the #1 reason that invites are down is because clients on free accounts only get three of them now.  Or is that something else I am truly and utterly failing to understand?

dzadza
Community Member

I see the issue has not been fixed yet...
However, Upwork did fix the issue of missing flames, stars and rockets...

..meh...

chadmcrabtree
Community Member

Same here. It has always seemed buggy to me anyway. One day it will say I had X views last week, and the next day it will say something completely different for the same time period.

I've flatlined too. Anyone on Upwork got a defibrillator? 

ishakura
Community Member

I have the same bug with zero profile views.

dzadza
Community Member

I checked yesterday and it was fixed. Today - back to zero.

chhickish
Community Member

Yea the same with me...was fixed and now it's broken again

The same thing... was fixed and then - zero again

Hi Anastasia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Anastasia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

Yesterday it was working fine for me, today is bugged again.

Hi Roberto,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nosheen26
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I am new on upwork I joined 2 months ago. I got 2 contracts one from bidding another one from invite. But afterwards my profile has gone dead. I am getting zero stats. Means no reply from bidding and no invite at all. I purchased the connects package which says your profile will remain in search but no such thing happened. What should i do to get it back in search?
nosheen26
Community Member

Same with my profile.. It shows zero views since 1.5 week in stats

honeyv
Community Member

It's not just profile views that dros, but for me number of invites , number of clients and even projects in hand dramatically started dropping.

Do that means client are no more interested in getting their work done?
or
it's because changes done by upwork during last year??

Same issues here.

Since "Profile Discovered" has started flattening, so has my upwork workload. Whereas  I've been able to maintain weekly project bids and completions. For the past couple of weeks - nothing. Are my bids not getting through - is there some correlation with other bugs?

I'm starting to wonder if it's really a bug or there's really nobody visiting my profile as I get no interviews, nothing for weeks.

Lucas D wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if it's really a bug or there's really nobody visiting my profile as I get no interviews, nothing for weeks.

It is a bug. We think it is a bug, but it would be really good if a MODERATOR who knows anything more about this could stop speculation and reassure us about our flatlined views - a moderator who might be able to tell us when this issue will be resolved (again). 

I have been having this issue since June... They told me it's fixed but it's not.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, 

I checked your account, and can see that the team has updated you through Ticket# 26026833 that the issue has been resolved. I also checked your My Stats page, and can see that you've had very impressive profile as noted on your Profile Views graph. 

Is there anything specific on your Profile Views that you would like to share so that I can look into this further?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members