🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile visibility issue - Set to public but ...
Page options
alok_rana
Community Member

Profile visibility issue - Set to public but still now showing up

There is some issue going on with my profile visibility. It is set to public but still it not visible as it should be.

When I search my profile by my name it displays my profile as "Relevant Agency Member" and not as a single profile. While the other members in our agency are showing normally on the search results. I can provide screenshots if you want. 

Things I want to know:

- Is there any chance that this issue can stop my profile from getting invites?

- I no more receiving any invite form clients and I think my proposals are also not visible to them.

Please look into it and tell me is I am wrong or what?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alok,

Just to clarify, this isn't an issue and is working by design as Mike explained earlier. Also, your proposals aren't affected by these settings and clients are able to access them as expected.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alok, 

I checked your profile, and can see why your individual profile does not show in the search results. As noted on this screen grab, if your rate is private, the visibility of your profile is also set to private. You should be able to change this by going to your Agency Roster (Agency account > hover your mouse pointer on the Find Work tab > Agency Roster), and updating your rate privacy. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 2.02.20 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

I checked your profile, and can see why your do not show in search. As noted on this screen grab, if your rate is private, the visibility of your profile is also set to private.

This is incredibly weird. Alok said he showed in searches as an agency member. That is the opposite of not showing in searches and the profile being set to private. His profile shows (so is clearly not set to private) under the agency because his default team is set as the agency.

Other people show in searches despite having their rates set to private. 

I just played with my settings and was able to set my profile to public whilst hiding earnings, without that poorly worded warning showing up?

public and hide.jpg

What kind of genius came up with the wording for that warning? If true, it would mean nobody could see the profile, ever, including prospective clients.

It is also not mentioned anywhere in this article (instead the article claims that Enterprise contracts don't show on profiles, which is also not true)

Why was I able to set my profile to public and my rates to private? Does this "thing" that clearly doesn't even do what it says it does only apply to agency freelancers?

Has Upwork decided that some profiles with hidden rates are excluded from client searches (meanining they will never get invites) and "forgot" to tell the freelancers who use (and PAY FOR) that "perk"?

alok_rana
Community Member

You should be able to change this by going to your Agency Roster (Agency account > hover mouse on Find Work tab > Agency Roster), and updating your rate privacy. 

These mentioned steps cannot be done without buying agency membership. Though I have connects remaining in both my freelancer profile and agency profile. 

When I try to follow your mentioned steps using agency account I ended up here. 

screenshot-www.upwork.com-2019.09.24-10_05_26.png

And when I try to change my "Earning privacy" using my freelancer profile. This is what I get.

screenshot-www.upwork.com-2019.09.24-10_09_11.png

So please confirm is the only reason my profile is not showing up is that my agency membership is expired and I need to renew it to get visibility? 

Let me know. Thanks

You can't have an agency without agency plus membership anymore

You show under the agency because your default team is set to the agency.

I am not sure you can change that as the agency owner, but try in your settings > my teams

I just updated to "no default team". Is it okay?

Alok R wrote:

I just updated to "no default team". Is it okay?

Yes, you are now found by yourself.

I think my profile is visible now. And now its not showing under Agency. My hourly rate is also visible in the search results. 

How come I am visible in freelancer search results including my hourly rates but when I see "Agency Roaster" my "Rate Privacy" is still showing private. 

Should I do anything for this? Or just let it be like this?

Hi Alok,

The purpose of hiding the rate is to prevent agency members from seeing rates and earnings on their own profiles or the agency's profile so that they do not know what the client is being charged. Clients will still be able to see the profile rate when it is set to private, but the exclusive agency member themself will not be able to. Given the purpose of this feature, the option is not available for non-exclusive agency members (such as yourself) or non-agency freelancers. I have requested that the messaging on the site be updated to clarify this. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks but can you confirm if this search visibility affects my proposal sending too? I mean if I send a proposal to a client will he able to see my proposal or that will also be affected by this issue?

Regards

Alok

Hi Alok,

Just to clarify, this isn't an issue and is working by design as Mike explained earlier. Also, your proposals aren't affected by these settings and clients are able to access them as expected.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Okay then there is nothing more to ask on this. You can close the thread if you want. 

Thanks

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alok R wrote:

When I search my profile by my name it displays my profile as "Relevant Agency Member" and not as a single profile. While the other members in our agency are showing normally on the search results. I can provide screenshots if you want. 

Hi Alok,

I wanted to add one thing to Avery's response. While you are non-exclusive to the agency, your default team is set to the Agency; so, the Agency will always appear in the search results with you. With regard to search results, it works the same as if you were exclusive to the agency.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members