🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile visible on Google even though vis...
Page options
sharatjv
Community Member

Profile visible on Google even though visibility was never set to Public

Hi! I am a new freelancer here and have to the best of my knowledge always had my profile visibility set as visible to Upwork users only. Yet if I search for my last name + Upwork I can see Google results of my profile page and one can see my full name. I have screenshots. Am I not utilizing the profile visibility features on Upwork correctly? 

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharat,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your response. I wanted to wait to see if the issue was solved before reaching out again. An agent from Upwork did contact me and stated they have requested to remove my profile URL to Google. They also mentioned that it may take up to 10 days for Google to remove the content. The message also instructed that if my profile was still visible after 10 days that I should reach out again.

Today is Day 17 since the issue was marked as solved by Upwork. Even today if I search for "My last name + Upwork" I still get to see my profile as one of the top Google hits. I do want to understand why or how this should happen if I have never set my profile visibility as public on Upwork? Given that I am new freelancer I just wanted to be sure that I had taken appropriate steps to address this. 

Thanks

Hi Sharat,

Sorry to hear the issue persists. I followed up with the team and they'll look into this and follow up with you directly via the ticket. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths