cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile was auto-populated with incorrect information

cindi_p
Cindi P Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
1 of 3

I am brand new here. My profile isn't even complete, because as I was typing my street address, the city, state and zip code auto-populated with incorrect information. Those fields are protected, so I can't change them. I live in Fort Wayne, In, not Allen, Texas.

I'm very frustrated by having spent about half an hour trying to find help. I would type my question in the box as directed, and receive several options that had nothing to do with what I had entered. I typed, "How do I change incorrect address information on my profile?" I got information about when banks may not be open. I hope fellow users will be able to assist me. Between auto-populated errors, automatic responses that bare no relevance to my request for help, and an apparent lack of human interaction, I'm not very optimistic that this site has much potential.

Thank you,

Cindi

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 3

That seems odd. Is your street name Allen? Maybe try entering the other information first - i.e. state, town, zip and see what happens. Or perhaps try a different browser?

Upwork has millions of users - it is not realistic to expect immediate human help. That said, I've flagged your post so  hopefully a forum mod will come along to help you out. Sometimes on the weekends it can take a bit longer to get help.

But there are always people around in these forums ... if my suggestions don't help, someone else may come along with better ideas.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Cindi,

When you go to your Settings Page, do you not see an "Edit" button to the right of "Location?"

edit button.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS