🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile with two different skills.
Page options
rahulsharma108
Community Member

Profile with two different skills.

Hello there,

I hope you all are doing well. I wanna ask one great thing.
I have a lot of experience working as a digital marketer and graphic designer at full-time office jobs.
My digital marketing skills-: Facebook-Instagram marketing and ads management, Google Adsense, Google Adwords, SEO and youtube marketing too.
I have learned both skills from Udemmy courses. But one year ago, I signed up on Upwork only as a graphic designer. Now my profile has JSS ( really thanks to Upwork for that).As I want to be a full-time freelancer and to quit my 9-5 job asap. I sometime feel that only relying on graphic designing as a freelancer will not work. Since it's a very saturated field. Also, I have proficiency in both skills. How can I tailor my profile based on both the skills mentioned above?
Side by side do tell me, am I thinking right or wrong?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

I would keep your day job as long as you can while you build a stronger portfolio and clientbase in your freelancing career.  As for your question, I would promote both skills on a general profile and then create specialized profiles for each individually.  You will find jobs that request more than one skillset and it could be someone looking for a digital marketer who happens to have a design background.  

My 2 cents...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

I would keep your day job as long as you can while you build a stronger portfolio and clientbase in your freelancing career.  As for your question, I would promote both skills on a general profile and then create specialized profiles for each individually.  You will find jobs that request more than one skillset and it could be someone looking for a digital marketer who happens to have a design background.  

My 2 cents...

Hi there Robin, 

I was totally stumbled on my this query but thank god I have found your answer on my the last search.

Again pardon in advance, but robin, it really would be generous of you if you could please share me any tutorial or guidance as per your this very old suggested trick.

I would be much appreciacted of yours on this regard.

Ahmer H wrote:

Hi there Robin, 

I was totally stumbled on my this query but thank god I have found your answer on my the last search.

Again pardon in advance, but robin, it really would be generous of you if you could please share me any tutorial or guidance as per your this very old suggested trick.

I would be much appreciacted of yours on this regard.

I don't understand your question.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members