🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Catalog client not responsive
Page options
bioguy_tv
Community Member

Project Catalog client not responsive

A few days back, a client purchased a Project from my Catalog and submitted their requirements - so the project has started. However, they have not provided access to their data - so I can't start any work.

I have messaged the client multiple times, but they have not responded. What's the best way to deal with this? - I don't want to, but should I cancel the project? - can Upwork customer support get in touch with the client for me? - is it ok to contact the client on LinkedIn for this point?

1 REPLY 1
6b71d370
Community Member

It's essential to communicate with the client and try to resolve the issue before considering canceling the project. Here are a few steps you can take:

Send a polite reminder message: Send a message to the client and politely remind them that you need access to their data to start working on the project. You can also ask them if there is anything you can do to help them provide the access they need.

Set a deadline: Set a reasonable deadline for the client to provide access to their data. Let them know that you are willing to work with them to find a solution, but you need their cooperation to complete the project.

Contact Upwork customer support: If the client still does not respond, you can contact Upwork customer support and explain the situation. They may be able to contact the client on your behalf to resolve the issue.

Consider canceling the project: If the client still does not respond or provide access to their data after you have tried everything, you may need to consider canceling the project. However, make sure to follow Upwork's cancellation policy and communicate with the client before doing so.

Do not contact the client on LinkedIn: It's not recommended to contact the client on LinkedIn as this can violate Upwork's terms of service and potentially harm your reputation on the platform.

Remember to remain professional and polite throughout the process, and document all communication with the client to protect yourself in case of any disputes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members