🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A client purchased my project but with un...
Page options
raju42
Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999

Thanks Annie, will wait for it!

e4ec760a
Community Member

hello, everybody I have published my gig but it is on the pending . when will finish the pending

Hi Mohsin,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service.

Note: Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
amazingeditor
Community Member

A client contacted me through the project catalogue/listing. I've been trying to propose a new contract so we can start work, but I always receive an error message. I don't know how to fix this. 

Hi Amos,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any recent contact from the client on your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the screenshot of the client's message?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I've sent you a private message with the screenshot as requested. Thanks. 

momina-ahsan
Community Member

I submitted my gigs on 30th July, but still, after 10 days, it is showing pending and no review or mail was being sent by Upwork. In the FAQ sections, it's listed that it takes 5 days to get a project approved or declined. 

fc64bf18
Community Member

Sir, I have one more issue my 3 projects have not approved yet. They ar e in review and many days have passed but still are in review not approved. Please help me.  

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your message. I see that the team has already reviewed your Projects and request changes on all. You can check your Projects here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fc64bf18
Community Member

Alot of days have passed but still my 3 projects are pending approval kindly help me, regards

I am sure you have tried to contact the client. You can also contact Upwork support.

Hi Syed Ali,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. It may take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about the Project Catalog, click here. I hope this helps.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc64bf18
Community Member

Sir almost a month has passed still my projects are in review kindly hlp me 

cmpghost123
Community Member

Hi

I want to know if i can make a video on Project Catalog but i still have to show  my Work?

Hi Craig,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. To help you make a good impression on potential clients, your video should be engaging and professional. You must also own the rights to any images or videos that you post, including the audio content. Feel free to check this help article for more details and guidelines.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kartikumarjha
Community Member

Hello Everyone!

I am facing an issue while adding the "Design Consultation" service to the project catalog. I am not able to add the calendar and I am facing this issue for the last month.

I have contacted the customer support team and they are just saying they are looking into it and forwarded the issue to the technical team.

But still, I didn't get the resolution.

Can anyone suggest to me, what I have to do and how to fix this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Kartik

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kartik Kumar

Hi Kartik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you are now being assisted by one of our agents. We apologize if it's taking time to resolve this issue. Rest assured that our team is working towards finding a solution for this. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread to make sure the team assists you more efficiently. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yesterday, a client purchased my catalogue project without having a discussion about the requirements. he sent me a website which is an advanced one and can't be developed for $190. 

Now there is a message on the project that" you can start the project after getting requirements from the client" otherwise the order will be cancelled after 2 days. will it affect my JSS?

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can cancel any project within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without impact on your JSS. You may check this article for more information on Project Catalogs.

~ AJ
Upwork

the client has not provided me with the requirements yet. what to do now?

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for following up. If you don’t hear back from a client within 48 hours of them buying your project, the money they placed in escrow will be returned to them and the contract will be cancelled.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yeah, I know that. will it affect my JSS?

Hi Abubakar,

Contracts set up via Project Catalog work like any Upwork contract and the client will have the option to leave feedback that could impact your Job Success Score. However, you can request feedback removal once a month on contracts started through your projects. You’ll also be able to cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.
~ Joanne
Upwork

but what I am trying to ask is that client purchased my project catalogue but never submitted the requirements. now the order got cancelled. so will it affect my JSS now?

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for your message. If the Project was canceled due to no response from the Client within 48 hours, this will not affect your JSS calculation. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Why my project is still under review. I created the project on 29th Sept 2022 and today is 4th Oct 2022. Please help.

Hi Nishu,

Thank you for your message. When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service.

Normally, it should only take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. However, our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team 5-10 business days to review the documents you've submitted. Should you need to edit anything, our team will send you an email with details on how your project can be approved. We would appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nicole_v_
Community Member

I'm trying to create a project, but I am having an issue with editing the 'number of revisions' section.

Every time I click on a number (any number, it doesn't matter which one), it keeps selecting 'unlimited' instead. No matter what I do, it always selects unlimited revisions. I've tried different browsers, but that didn't fix the issue either.

I want to submit my project for review, but I can't do so unless I can choose the number of revisions I want to include with each tier.

This is what keeps happening:

revisions.gif

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7b525b4a
Community Member

I'm having a problem creating a project catalog.

After I complete the overview click save and click continuously an error comes up
"Some server errors occurred. Please try again later. close warning"
So I can't go any further. Please help me to solve this

Hi Upali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Also please be reminded that as a freelancer, people you deal with on Upwork need to know that you are who you say you are, and being able to see your face is a reassuring first step.

Kindly update your profile picture to a close-up image of your head and shoulders, clearly showing your face. It should also look professional. That doesn't mean you need to get headshots taken in a studio. It just should be the sort of picture you'd use for a passport or other ID.

~ AJ
Upwork
b0bddd65
Community Member

I have create more than 10 project catalogs, but haven't received any orders

Suggestions will be really appreciated.

Regards

Rahul 

Too many people posting similar messages about the product catalog

Upwork allows FLs to promote their profile by using Available Now Badge
Upwork allows FLS to promote their proposals using the Boost Proposal feature 

Perhaps, it's now time for Upwork to allow freelancers to boost and promote their Product Catalogs! Maybe it's already in the pipeline...

041c1d4c
Community Member

Hi,

I have submitted a project for approval to Upwork since September 27th, but there is no feedback from the Upwork side, yet.

Hi Denisa,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should you need to edit anything, our team will send you an email with details on how your project can be approved. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
041c1d4c
Community Member

Thank you for the feedback Luiggi.

Looking forward, for approval.

pushpikaprasad
Community Member

Hello,

Does anyone know how to set Upwork project details to publish hourly works? I created one project that for image editing and placed number of images with some fixed prices. But I need to say hourly rate for each categories of small, medium and large project. 

Hi Pushpika,

At this time, Project Catalog is only for fixed-price contracts. When a project is purchased by a client, it'll automatically create a fixed-price contract only. The idea of a "browse and buy" model is that the client is paying for a fully scoped, complete project. This would not be possible with an hourly structure.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8aad348a
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

My project catalog are not getting views, How can I get views on my projects catalog?

Any suggestions?

Hi Nadeem,

Thank you for reaching out. Project catalogs do not show the number of 'views'. We are also not privy to why clients do not view projects. 

I would highly suggest though for you to try to create other projects as the demand for your current projects may just not be high at the moment.  

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths