🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Project catalog
Page options
raju42
Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
adamomarianna
Community Member

Hi there!

I have to do a new project catalog.

Whta can I do to get views on my new project?

I Know it's necessary send proposals , what else?

Thank you very much

Hi Marianna,

Thank you for reaching out. The clicks and views are not a feature right now with the Project Catalog. At this time, project ranking depends on the search query, talent quality, and the relevancy of the project however, the view and clicks are not part of the metrics.

You may check this article to learn more about Project Catalogs.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie

705aacad
Community Member

Hi, I submitted my Logo Design project 1 days back. I have got no approval nor any reply from Upwork.

Just check it my Portfolio

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01501b42514ecd0f9e?p=1467421267024343040

Can you please guide me on this?

I am already an Upwork Member for 01 years with 1 projects and 5-star ratings and 96% success ratio till date.

Just contact for my link.

https://www.upwork.com/workwith/hamada256

705aacad
Community Member

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Hamad

the-right-writer
Community Member

I have seen no value in having a Fiverr style catalog project. However, I can't find a way to delete it. Please advise.

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can delete your Projects and Consultations by hitting the three-dot button on the Project you wish to delete here on your Project Dashboard. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you!

2e3ea685
Community Member

How long does it take for a project to be approved? 

Are there any criteria that Upwork looks out for when approving a project?

Before providing an answer, I would like to give my experience. Three days ago, I created a project which got approved within 24hrs. Now I created more projects for three days now..... not yet been approved. What do you think?

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your project. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahmed_dxb
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and I am struggling hard to set up my profile but every time getting error messages. I am also having a problem regarding the cover image. Can someone help by telling me the proper size of the cover image? I have attached the message screenshot to understand better.

Hi Shahnawaz,

Thank you for reaching out. Your project will display with an image or a video as its cover. Since this is the first thing that clients see, it's important to add high-quality pictures and/or a video. You can also add PDFs to showcase work samples. Remember to only include materials in the gallery that directly relate to the specific service that you are offering in your project.

For best results with images, consider ones with a 4:3 aspect ratio that are less than 10 MB and under 4000 px in width or height. You can crop an image though, if the original aspect ratio is something different. We'll scale the image to 1000x750 pixels. When you have multiple images, these will show as a carousel on your cover. So, choose each one carefully.

You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
c474c44d
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I create a project and it's 3 days now, and it's still under review. is there anything  I did wrong?

91536c65
Community Member

How can I extend the delivery date of my project catalog? I would like to know if I fail to provide a project catalog service on time but the client has no issues with it, what are the penalties I could face from Upwork?

Hi Md Monir,

Thank you for reaching out. Upwork does not impose penalties if you miss the due date for your project. It would be best to communicate this with your client in order to maintain a good relationship with them. Keep in mind that at the end of every project, clients can leave feedback hence, communication is key. As long as they're okay with it, you should be fine.

~ AJ
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I set up a project catalog offer more than a year ago that got stuck in the "review" stage. I received absolutely no information from Upwork as to what the problem is or how to fix it. About a month ago, I made a few tweaks and resubmitted - still no approval. Could I please get some help about this?

I find it extraordinary that anyone and everyone can set up a profile using a fake photo and a few sentences of gibberish and it'll be automatically approved, but I can spend an hour carefully crafting a project catalog offer and it's not approved. I'd really like to know why there are high standards for the catalogs, but not for new freelancers to get accepted in the first place? 

Hi Christine,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I followed up with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bd7b88c2
Community Member

My project is under review. How long it will take to approve?

Hi Zeeshan,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this question. Note that it can take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Sir, 
It's been almost 6 days passed my catalog hasn't been approved or rejected still in review,

please review it and let me know about it.

thank you.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for your message. Usually, it takes up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. Currently, we are receiving high volumes of project submissions. Our team will review and update your project status as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mahananda_barmon
Community Member

Yesterday night my first project catalog was approved and it showed goodly on my profile. But now if I think to want to change my approved project catalog Title, Description, Price, and others I need again approval from Project Catalog Support Team. 

If I change my project catalog title, description, price, and other changes, will there be any problem or effect on my profile?

Hi Mahananda,

Thank you for reaching out. There is no direct impact on your profile if you edit your Project Catalog. Our team will let you know though if any modifications are required once you update your project.

~ AJ
Upwork
charlesbewlay
Community Member

I want to edit a project and delete some of the sample pictures (pngs and pdfs) I have added before. There seems to be no option to do this. So the word 'edit' comes to mean only 'add', not 'delete'.

Has anyone found a workaround for this, other than starting this portfolio item from scratch?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Charles, 

We truly appreciate you sharing these details and I'm sorry to learn that you're still experiencing this issue. It looks like you've been coordinating with the appropriate team and the support ticket has been updated. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
akter_rabia19172
Community Member

After given Rivew can buyer widrow or refund.

Please help me.

Thank you 

Hi Rabia,

Thank you for your message. The Client will not have the option to withdraw the review left on your contract but they can request a refund if they are not satisfied with the deliverable. Check out this help page for more information. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
md_sobhan_ali
Community Member

I am not getting any order or jobs from project catalog I am using keywords and tags very well in my catalog but search is not coming up.

and I am expert in Image editing / Retouching  and complete 2 jobs on upwork so Now what should I select at my experience level?

Hi Md,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers and their projects a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s needs.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors and their project's search position will likely ebb and flow.

~ AJ
Upwork
5318ea346ce660f6
Community Member

I was post I Gig which was still in pending Can Help me on this.

Thanks in advance for your feedback on urgent base 

EJAZ ULLAH

Hi Ejaz,

Please allow 5 days for your Catalog Project to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks you feeback

EJAZ ULLAH
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Md, in addition to the Moderator's comments, in the future break the projects into several smaller Milestones so if something goes wrong your loss is much less. For example, I break all my projects into 4 Milestones instead of 1 large Milestone. Have a great day!

onuruddho
Community Member

Project Pending for Approval more than 5 days😞

Hi Onuruddho,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your project. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
atiqur-koushik
Community Member

Hi 

My project catalog is still under review.
It's been 7 days but no response from Upwork review team. How many time it's take to complete review?

Hi Atiqur, 

Thank you for waiting as our team looked into this further. The team reviews projects by the order they were received. At this time, we request your patience because there may be some delays in completing the review. The team will review your project once they get to it in their queue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths