🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Projec...
Page options
raju42
Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999

Hi Arjun,

Project Catalog is just another option to market your skills on Upwork. Clients have told us at times they would prefer to purchase pre-built projects rather than search for a freelancer, invite, interview, etc. This additional option simply gives freelancers a new way to sell their skills and clients a new way to get help with their projects. In general, the idea is that freelancers pre-define everything upfront and interested clients can buy it, cutting down on the back and forth that often needs to occur before a project begins. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
042b78df
Community Member

great answer nikola

i just created project catalog on Mar 26, 2023. it is still pending for approval. CAn you Please Check it. Thank You.

Hi Hamza, 

As Nikola noted, we are receiving an unusually high number of projects to review, which are evaluated according to the order they were received. Once the team gets to your project in the queue, they will review it accordingly and reach out if more information is needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dispute option will not show, since the client has never purchsed the Catalog. Only Report & block can be done for this case.

jim_apodaca
Community Member

I recently created my first project catalog and I was wondering if there is anyway to view any metrics about my project? In particualr I would love to know if my project is even being viewed by persepctive clients, if yes, how frequently (daily/weekly/monthly) or do I need to pivot to a different project because the current project is not taking off like I hoped?

I haven't found anything like that. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, though.

@martin - do you know if there is a way to submit ideas like this to Upwork? Honestly I would love to provide additional feedback to Upwork regarding project catalogs and my experience and where I think Upwork can improve the project catalog program.  

Jim A wrote:

@martin - do you know if there is a way to submit ideas like this to Upwork? 

By posting here you have already done so, that is one of the things the forum is there for.

Awesome! Thank you @petra

Thanks for this suggestion, Jim.

I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you @bojan

cfff9f97
Community Member

Hello,

Today I have received my First Order on my Project Catalog Gig, however I feel that the requirements sent by the Client are unjust.

I am reading documentation and it says, I have 24 hours to cancel/decline the order request but I do not see any option on my end, which allows me to cancel this order.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Shakir,

Yes, you can cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. To cancel, go to the contract created for this purchased project. You can find it by clicking View Contract from the message room or by going to My Jobs and clicking on the title of the contract. From the contract room, you can click the menu button (...) and end the contract.

~Andrea
Upwork
navidzafar
Community Member

Can we link our Specilized Profile to our Specific Project or it will always be General Profile automatically linked with Projects?

Hello Navid,

Thank you for your message.

Your general profile is already linked to your project catalog. Also, the client would be able to access your specialized profile when they visit your Upwork profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
mekailbd
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, Hope everyone doing well.  
Right now I have 100% JSS. I have published some Projects in Catalog. In the project catalog, I just saw there is a 2.8 rating with 16 reviews. But I have never done any order with this Project. 

ccc.JPG

I have a question I have never done any order with the project. So how Upwork shows this 2.8? 

Thanks, everyone.

Mekail R

Hi Mekail,

This rating system goes from 0 to 5.0, and is based on the feedback you receive from your clients on Upwork. While we can’t share all the details, in general, clients score freelancers on six different attributes: skills, quality, availability, deadlines, communication, and cooperation. While we are currently including this rating system on projects, we are considering other ways to showcase your success on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
amaneck
Community Member

Hi 

I am looking to hire a freelance writer for my personal business. But I can't seem to make the payment. 

Here is the error I get: Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Project Catalog using this account. I am working from India, this is my first time. 

Hi Ankita,

I checked and it looks like you have a freelancer account. In order to purchase a project, you'll need to add a client profile to your account. Check out this help article to learn how.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
amaneck
Community Member

Andrea G's answer helped me solve the problem

Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Project Catalog using this account.

skatebored
Community Member

halu...

today i found someone purchase my project catalog and the project is started already. but somehow i cant find the details of the project or project requirements. it said provided previously, but i cant find it anywhere.

any help on this, please?

thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adhitya, 

It looks like you and your client have already contacted each other through Upwork Messages. Please don't hesitate to discuss the project details directly with your client so that you can start working on it. 

Congratulations, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

halu...

actually there are no previous chat before.

the client bought the project and thats what i got so far.

no details of the jobs for me to proceed.

meanwhile the time is keep running.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adhitya, 

Since you and your client already have a contract room and can exchange messages (I can see that the client sent you a message), please communicate with them, and ask for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

halu...

i found that the job not match with my project at all.

what should i do now?

i do not want to make the client disappointed as well.

sidwhiting
Community Member

I've created a project and had it approved in the new Project Catalog system.

It looks good, but the "add-ons" I specified aren't showing anywhere. 

Any ideas?

Hi Sid,

Thank you for your message.

If you are referring to the service tier add-ons, the same is already visible on your project on the right side. Let me know if you are referring to something else so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
hickis
Community Member

Hello!

I've got the same issue - I see no add-on services that I created for my project in Project Catalog.

They were visible before but after a while I checked my project and I don't see them.

They are still available for editing.

Please assist how to make addons visible for clients again.

Thanks.

Hi Nadiia,

I checked and it looks like you have multiple Catalog Projects listed, could you please confirm which one you're referring to so I could check?

~Andrea
Upwork
hickis
Community Member

Thank you for following up, Nadiia. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
hickis
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Many thanks for your assistance!

cb7aa326
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

Do you have any plans to add more tags or category for project management because I can see only few tags for it.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atif,

Thanks for this suggestion. I'll be sure to share it with our team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
django_expert
Community Member

I am working with a great client who has hired me through my project catalogue.

I just want to see that if he only hires the developers related to my my field or other developers as well.

Hi Abubakar,

Please know that when a client buys your project a contract will be created and the milestone will be funded. You'll be notified whenever a purchase happens and a contract room will automatically be opened, at which point you can start messaging. You should be able to access the client's history through the contract room. Could you please share a Contract ID of the contract you are referring to so that I can take a look and advise you accordingly? 

You can find Contract ID by clicking on the name of the contract and then navigating to the Terms & Settings tab.

~ Nikola
Upwork
minusha_p
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork. Can someone please tell me how to send a custom offer when a client contacted you through the project catalogues?

Thank you.

Hi Minusha,

I would like to clarify that you cant make changes to the project catalog contract at this time. The idea is that the client is agreeing to the scope you laid out for the project when they buy it. To start, Project Catalog projects will only include one milestone at the end of the project. However, you and your client can create a new Upwork contract if you would like to collaborate on more work after your project is completed. If a client has custom needs, they may want to post a custom job and invite you to apply instead.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths