🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Catalog
Page options
raju42
Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
a9b4e751
Community Member

Hello,

I am  freelancer in Upwork.

I am looking for a way to have statistics on my projects catalog, like the count of impressions and clicks.

Thanks Marc

letme_reserch4u
Community Member

Hi All,

I have started working on the upwork regularly since last 3 months. I got some goods sales and reviews. All my sales come from Applying to job by proposals.

But now i want to go through Project catalog. My all project shows lower on the my target keywords. 

So Anyone please let me know. How i rank my projects..

Thanks

researchers_team

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your question. You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.)
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.
  • Don’t share your contact information or personal information.

Please check the Pro Tips: Build Your Best Project for more information on how you can boost your chances of having your project accepted and catching a future client’s eye.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
abhisheksen01
Community Member

Hello,

I am little confused with an order that I received. Client haven't provided the required video file. It is due in 4 hours but there no response from the client.

So please suggest what is the best I can do, without upsetting this new client and hampering my project ranking?

Hi Abhishek,

You may want to follow up with the client again and ask them for the files you need for further engagement on this project. You can cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
o_urazovsky
Community Member

The client reached me out via the project catalog. How can I read the client feedbacks?

o_urazovsky_0-1641820765998.png

7c8f5895
Community Member

Hello There,

Can you please help me,

How long to wait for new Projects to show up in the search results?

I was Created 2 new projects, and still, that Status show -> Pending approval

So My Question Is How Many Days Upwork Take For Revision My Service Show up in the search results,? 

Other marketplaces take more than 2-3hour, but here is almost gone 2days.  😓

Hi MD Ashiqur, 

While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork

Good Day!

Can you help me

Hi Eden,

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you've submitted a Catalog project for review. In order to do this, you'll need to complete your profile and click the button to submit it for review. You will be notified of the status of the review via email and a notification on your account within 24 hours.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
filip_knezevic
Community Member

I' reviewing this new "project" option.

I found that you should place that project in the appropriate category. But, of course, category I work in is just missing. 

Is it so hard  to copy the existing categories?

I work mainly in Network and System Administration category which is not listed.

filip_knezevic_0-1643182829297.png

When I click on Browse all categories, even then I cann't pick my category - it doesn't exist.

There is, for example, Support and IT category, which otherwise doesn't exist. 

Upwork, this really sucks lol.

Hi Filip,

For now, you might not see all the categories or options you need. We will continue to build out and improve the feature as we do internal testing and receive more feedback from customers like you. Thanks for your help! To learn more about Project Catalog, click here

~ Goran
Upwork
arsgill
Community Member

Hi there! I think upwork should add up the stats feature for the project catalogue as Fiverr does. There you can see your gig's stats (views, clicks, impressions etc).. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for this suggestion, Arslan. I'll be sure to share it with our team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
30dcb51a
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I am new to project catalogs and have just submitted my first project to Upwork for revision. I’ve searched the catalog page and read that we can turn on and off the project based on our availability. Still, I am a little bit confused about how the whole thing works. Do we approve or decline a client who wants to purchase our project, or can they buy it without our approval?

Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tuba,

You'll be notified whenever a purchase happens and a contract room will automatically be opened, at which point you can start messaging. The next step is waiting for the client to provide requirements to you. Please check this help article and learn more on how Project Catalog works.

Thank you! 
~ Bojan
Upwork
catnapper
Community Member

Hello!

I have just received the message from a client contacting me through the project manager. I am a little bit worried, as I can see that she has only one bad review (1 star), but at the same time, she has her account from the end of November 2021, so I would not like to rely only on this, and I would like to know what went wrong. The problem is that I can't read this review, in the window I have no option of viewing her profile, I can open 1 to 1 room, or see the general information. I used to check my potential clients using the job offer page, in this case it is not possible, what can I do?

Hi Krystyna,

Currently, freelancers can't see the client's past Work History and Feedback section. We understand that it’s very important for freelancers to see that information and we have shared that feedback with our team. A number of improvements have already been made based on the feedback we received in the Community and the team will continue to make further improvements. Thank you for your feedback.

~ Goran
Upwork
arifkhan1212
Community Member

Hi, 

My name is Mosarof and I'm a full-time freelancer from 2022. I worked here when Upworks was oDesk. Now I come back again and seen there are a lot of changes. I create a few up work project categories but I would like to rank the project. How will I do that? Could you please give me a few helpful tips? 

Thank you for your time and considerations 

Mosarof 

What do you mean?

5ead8887
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I've had my first order placed on the Project Catalogue. Prior to starting the contract, I discussed the requirements with my client and we agreed that it would take between 7-10 days to complete the whole project however, I had set the project for 5 days on my catalogue. I know I should have proposed a custom contract for it but now the project is due tomorrow and I've asked my client to extend the deadline as discussed but she is not responding for some days.

Will it negatively affect my profile if the due date passes by?

My client and I had already agreed that it would take 7-10 days though.

Hi Muhammad,

If you are late to deliver, the client is entitled to a refund (which they can request like any regular contract). That said, if they don't request one, you can continue the project as usual. There is no impact to your stats solely from missing the deadline.

~Andrea
Upwork
b05aef97
Community Member

Can I get more orders through Project Catalog Help...

Imtiyaj A wrote:

Can I get more orders through Project Catalog Help...

Dear Imtiyaj,

Project catalogue plays a great role in getting orders. I myself got few from that side. 

saimulft
Community Member

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if the client can increase the deadline for a catalog project ( gigs) ? . One of my client needs to increase the project deadline as he got some emergency work and can not coordinate the work for a month. So I need to find a way so he can increase the deadline of the project.

Hi Saimul,

I would like to clarify that the due date is enforced. It is determined by the number of delivery days you set in your project, starting from the timestamp that a client submits their requirements to you. If you are late to deliver, the client is entitled to a refund (which they can request like any regular contract). If you included revisions in your project, those can be requested after the deadline.

Note: Delivery days are calendar days, not business days. 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
f0f2c162
Community Member

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navnish,

You can learn more about creating a project in Project Catalog by checking this help article

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f0f2c162
Community Member

As I have not received any order on Project Catalog yet. How can I track is that well written or not? Like from SEO prospective, how many impressions or reach my project catalog is getting? Is there any way to check? Also Would like to know how many project catalogs can I create?

Hi Navnish,

I'm afraid that the metrics you're looking for aren't available. However, I'll be sure to forward this as feedback to our Product team.

Regarding your second question, you can have up to 20 projects total in active/review status at once. You can also have another 20 in draft form. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
47a826ad
Community Member

This sms sow my project (Masud isn't taking new orders for this project right now. Here are some similar projects to explore)

why sow this massage please help me 

my upwork profile link 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012eaf1d3ac37fcf25

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Masud,

On your project dashboard, you’ll see a toggle switch to change the visibility between “on” and “off” for each project. Please be sure to toggle switch to “on” for projects you want to be visible.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pythongame
Community Member

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing great. I am here to discuss one issue. Today one client has purchased a project from "Project Catalog" but without knowing my availability he has placed an order. I am a bit tight on the schedule to accept the order at this time.

Should I reach out to him for excuse? or should I cancel the order right away and let him know the reason? I am scared what if he leaves any negative feedback?

Please help me out.

Best regards

Khurram Shehzad

Hi Khurram,

Since clients will be able to instantly buy your project and likely will expect you to meet the delivery time you have listed there, you may wish to turn off the project if you won’t be available to complete the work. Pro tip: In general, if your project is “on” you should be prepared to have a client purchase it at any time.

In this case, if you won't be able to complete the project, I would suggest you cancel it. You can cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea 🙂

I have cancelled the order 🙂

iqraawais12
Community Member

Hey! 

I am new to Upwork, still may project catalog is under-review. Can anybody have idea how many days i have to wait? 

Hi Iqra,

Thanks for your question. Note that it can take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
iqraawais12
Community Member

Thanks for your reply Luiggi.

aliharvey
Community Member

This has happened before and, the last time, I lost a high-paying client because of it. So, I'm really hoping I can avoid that this time. 

The scenario is as follows:

1. Client reaches out about a project in my catalog

2. Their terms differ from my set packages, so I create a custom contract

3. They send me a message saying that they "clicked accept", but nothing shows up on my end. When I check my contract status to confirm, it's still listed as pending. 

Last time this happened, I tried contacting upwork support and they said that nothing seemed to be wrong on my end. So, I encouraged the client to reach out to Upwork support to get the issue resolved. They did that, but Upwork support said they just needed to accept the contract, which they already did. 

What's going on here? Any theories? Do you think it's just a person trying to scam? Or maybe they're not completing the contract by adding their funds to escrow, and that's why it's not going through? Is there a technical issue I'm not aware of?

Hi Alisha,

I checked your account and it looks like your contract is all set! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths