🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Catalog
Page options
raju42
Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999

Hi Daanish,

Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ AJ
Upwork

Ok thanks

ali_asad_ghani
Community Member

My client purchased a project and has sent the information via upwork DM.

However, there is no option for me to check the box (that he has sent the requirements). The 48 hour window will close in 24 hours. Please support so that the project is not automatically cancelled as client has sent me the items required.

If there is a video or a pdf manual that shows the box how he can send the items then please share the same.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bec23653
Community Member

One potential solution is to contact Upwork support and explain the situation to them. They may be able to assist you in resolving the issue and getting paid for your work.

It's also important to make sure that you have a clear and detailed contract in place before starting any work for a client. This contract should outline the scope of the project, the payment terms, and any revisions or changes that may be required.

In the future, you may want to consider asking for a partial payment upfront to ensure that you are protected in case the client decides not to pay. This can also help to establish trust with the client and demonstrate your professionalism and commitment to the project.

I hope this helps and that you are able to resolve the situation and receive payment for your hard work.

d23861fc
Community Member

Been more than 2 weeks since I posted my project on upwork yet it still says that it's pending for approval. Does it usually take this long to review?

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I see that your project was submitted on Mar 2, 2023. Please allow 5 business days for the team to review your submission. Our team will review and update you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I actually reposted it because I thought there were some errors in my project or something. Its actually been up for more 2 weeks over all.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for following up. Please note that our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your newly submitted projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Arjay
Upwork
shynkarenko_yuri
Community Member

Hello folks! What do you think about the project catalog? Has anyone got their projects purchased? Personally, I consider this feature a part of the so-called hidden Upwork economy in pair with the personal-invite option.    

I've had some people look at them and send me messages, but no one has ever purchased them. I am thinking of re-doing mine to see if I can attract any clients to them. 

What about you?

I think the Project Catalog is a nice feature that benefits freelancers and clients. Freelancers can create a pre-packaged service or product and sell it to clients who need those specific services/products. It's a streamlined process where the client can initiate work for the freelancer, but doesn't have to create a job description and field 50+ proposals that they often don't read.

Similar to Bethany, I have heard several freelancers say that their Project Catalogs are being viewed, but no purchases. You would think clients would love the Project feature since it avoids the bidding process and is similar to Invites.

The issue for many freelancers right now is that their Project Catalogs are slow to be approved. Upwork has noted a significant increase in the number of Projects being submitted. Upwork says the approval process usually takes 5 days, but many have not been approved after 10-15 days or longer.

john_web_bd
Community Member

I was submit a project in 23 feb but its still pending for review! its over 5 days ! need help from expert 

Hi MD Mehedy,

When you create a project Upwork will first review it before making it visible to clients. Upwork review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn't violate Upwork Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed or more see more details here >>> 

How Upwork Review Your Project Catalog Project

fd3a26d4
Community Member

Hello all,

I created a project catalog more than 7 days ago and yesterday also I edited that Post but it still that's not been published I don't know why? and I've followed all rules while I'm creating the catalog so please give the answer.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 155019.png

Hi Akthar,

Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ AJ
Upwork

Ok, Thank you!
Moderator Annie Jane B - 

driallal
Community Member

I have created a Project and it says about 24-48 hours but itPending approval since Feb 25, 2023

Hi Elhadri,

Thank you for your message. Currently, we are receiving a high volume of project submissions. Our team will review your project and update the status as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

please do it soon sir!

950abbfe
Community Member

hi i have the same problem it has been written for quite some time: pending approval

Hi Alberto,

~ AJ
Upwork
b95d42a4
Community Member

Plz check my project 

Hi Ritu,

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we are receiving a high volume of project submissions. Our team will review your project and update the status as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
80e4cb7c
Community Member

Hi Team
Please help i also face the same issue its been nearly 2 weeks but my project is still not approved 
can you please help me so i can get this done 

Thanks.

Hi Abdulrahman,

~ AJ
Upwork

I understand but I just want to know how much more days should it take to approve my project

139b89d8
Community Member

On 26/02/2023 I completed two projects and try to add my project catalog They are not added yet and the projects are still  pending for approval please tell me about the duration for approvals

Hi Hanif,

Thanks for reaching out. It can typically take up to five business days for a project to be reviewed. However, please note that our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6e17a5ab
Community Member

My gig is pending i did not get any improvment email or smth 
i uploaded 21feb

6e17a5ab_0-1678058629166.png

Sardorbek,

Contact Support since 5 to 7 business days is long enough. Have a great day!

Hello Sardorbek,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
70d7e394
Community Member

I created a gig on Feb 26, and it has been under review since then. It is currently March 6th. I've received no emails or updates at all about my gig (neither acceptance, rejection, nor suggestions for improvement). Is there anything that can be done about this?

There's a similar question on this board that has 26 replies. You might want to read over that one and see if you can get any answers from that...good luck!

dba0535c
Community Member

Hi arjay M, 

My upwork gig still is under review

How many long you will take my gig clearness? 

plz clear my gig under review

ad22237e
Community Member

Hey Upwork team, I am eagerly waiting for my project dashboard to be approved, I submitted it on 23rd of Feb 2023 and now it's 7th of March 2023, it said 5 business days, please help me out. 

Thanks,

Hi Umer,

Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c96be6c8
Community Member

I am too, pending approval for this 9 days since i submitted

Hi Mossi,

~ AJ
Upwork
578814d6
Community Member

Yes, there are several solutions for getting paid from a project catalog.

1. Request a Partial Payment Upfront: Request a partial payment upfront prior to starting the project. This will ensure that you at least get some compensation in the event that your client doesn't end up paying the full amount.

2. Get a Signed Contract: Make sure to get a signed contract with your client outlining the project and the payment agreement. This will ensure that both parties are held accountable to the agreement and will help to protect your interests in case any issues arise.

3. Use an Escrow Service: If possible, try to use an escrow service such as PayPal or Stripe to ensure that payment is received before the project is delivered. This will help to prevent clients from receiving the work without paying for it.

4. Consider Legal Action: If all else fails, consider taking legal action against your non-paying client. This may involve filing a lawsuit or sending a demand letter. Depending on the situation, this may be the only way to get paid from a project catalog.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members