Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Details

xelarator
Saad Q Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
1 of 3

Hi,

If I open a posted project and it shows a number other than "zero" opposite to "hires" under "Activity On This Job" i.e  "Hires: 1". What does it mean ? Does it mean that someone has been hired for the project ? If yes ? Then why I still see "Submit A Proposal" button active ? If not ? Kindly guide.

I would also like to know about connections. What are connections ? And how they are linked with your proposal?

THANK YOU.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 3

Then why I still see "Submit A Proposal" button active ?

The client might want more than one freelancer, they might have forgetten to close the job, they may not know how to close the job, or they want to see if the selected freelancer can do the job before they close the job to new freelancer. There's probably more reasons, but those are most of them. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 3

@Saad Q wrote:

Hi,

If I open a posted project and it shows a number other than "zero" opposite to "hires" under "Activity On This Job" i.e  "Hires: 1". What does it mean ? Does it mean that someone has been hired for the project ? If yes ? Then why I still see "Submit A Proposal" button active ? If not ? Kindly guide.

I would also like to know about connections. What are connections ? And how they are linked with your proposal?

THANK YOU.

Saad you are going to have a hard time on Upwork unless you read all the help pages and Upwork's Terms of Service. (You'll find the ToS and the help pages via "Help and support"  if you scroll down to the bottom of your job feed page.)

In the meantime here is the page about how connects work:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS