🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Project Finished Client Disapppeared
Page options
ramy86
Community Member

Project Finished Client Disapppeared

This is the first time I deal with projects instead of hourly or fixed contracts where you can request payment after the client goes rogue and the work is done (which I'm afraid happens a lot), so the question is there a way I can get the funds released on a completed project?

The client was more than happy with the work but she didn't know her way around Upwork enough to complete the steps needed for approval and then she disappeard.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are under no obligation to hang around.

Clients aren't required to continue to use my services.

When a client hires me, I get paid for my work. Automatically. It does not matter if the client continues to communicate. Or not.

There is no such thing as "a client goes rogue."

Remy:

I don't understand why you think you have an issue.

If this is a fixed-price contract, or catalog project, you click "Submit work for payment" and get paid automatically. If this is an hourly contract, you get paid automatically.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407886651283

re: "When the freelancer completes and submits the work, you have the chance to review. The freelancer is paid after you review and approve the work. If you don’t take any action in 14 days, we automatically release the funds to the freelancer."

Why are you worried?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are under no obligation to hang around.

Clients aren't required to continue to use my services.

When a client hires me, I get paid for my work. Automatically. It does not matter if the client continues to communicate. Or not.

There is no such thing as "a client goes rogue."

Remy:

I don't understand why you think you have an issue.

If this is a fixed-price contract, or catalog project, you click "Submit work for payment" and get paid automatically. If this is an hourly contract, you get paid automatically.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407886651283

re: "When the freelancer completes and submits the work, you have the chance to review. The freelancer is paid after you review and approve the work. If you don’t take any action in 14 days, we automatically release the funds to the freelancer."

Why are you worried?

Apologies if I misworded my statement, I mean the client didn't release funds of a completed project, and I don't think she's coming back, I presented her with all the resources she asked for, do you think I'm in the wrong asking for payment?

Also I appear to mark your reply as an accepted answer, which it is not

Thanks Preston, somehow I didn't see that page, but you're right it looks like the system covers my problem.
Thanks again.

ramy86
Community Member

Unfortunately PROJECTS is a completely new system, the funds do not transfer automatically and is completely reliant on client's approval and I can't find anything that says otherwise, which is bonkers

I don't know what to tell you. Upwork's Help page says you will be paid automatically. Have you even tried clicking Submit yet?

I did, but unlike regular contracts submissions needs to be approved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths