🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Inactivity Length
Page options
pushingpixels
Community Member

Project Inactivity Length

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long projects can go without activity before it starts negatively affecting our JSS? I have a handful of clients on here that can go a month or more without needing edits/updates to their website. I'd like to know the length so I can keep an eye on it. 

I feel like it's kind of a pain to have them end the contract and reopen it every time they need 1 or 2 hours of updates made. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
hoyle_editing
Community Member

I was under the impression that as long as you have received payments on the contracts then it wont matter. 

I *think* its just contracts that have never received a payment that are a problem (after a couple of months i think)

This is part of the cruel JSS game. No one knows exactly what happens, when, why. It's not really efficient, just cruel.

I agree. I wish it was only based on ratings.

I had a contract started and the client paused it until the date we agreed on, then she totally ghosted me. I kept reaching out to her for 2 months with no word back. I then reached out to Upwork to make sure canceling the job wouldn't affect my score. He said it was going to affect it and there was nothing I could do. 

I think it should be if there is no money made, it DOESN'T affect your score either way. 

jamesseligman
Community Member

I have about 20 jobs open; some going back 3 years! (I know) I've had a 100% JSS for a few years now. Some of my contracts go 6+/- months without any work. BUT all of my open contracts have had some payment made; that is the key. If they are open where a payment has never been made, then you will have the possibly of it affecting your JSS. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members