🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Management Tools - Can we use them?
Page options
680c848e
Community Member

Project Management Tools - Can we use them?

Hello! 

I recently completed a test smaple with my client, to which they approved it and want to move forward with me. In order to deliver more promts for the scripts I will be writing, they want to add me to an offsite project managment website. This PM tool is where the rest of the team is located and will use to communicate but all payments will be made through the UpWork platform. 

Is this allowed? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kkears
Community Member

Hi Sarah -- This is allowed after you have an official Upwork contract in place with the client. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lucioric
Community Member

Normally that is when I say: messaging outside Upwork is forbidden by the new Upwork TOS (effective from Jun 2020). Draw the contract and I will share you my email to be added to the platform, whereas I will start to bill only once I get in touch with all the members in the team and get aggreed in the work to do.

We've already drawn a contract that I completed. It was for the test script and set as a milestone. My client will be adding and funding addtional milestones from this point on for me to submit my work through the platform. My question was, since the contract has already been established, if it was against the TOS to take our communications outside of Upwork but continue to submit work/payments on the mother-platform. 

kkears
Community Member

Hi Sarah -- This is allowed after you have an official Upwork contract in place with the client. 

680c848e
Community Member

Thanks Katie! That's what I wanted to double check and make sure. We already have a milestone based contract set up and will continue to use it to submit work and payments on the platform. I just wasn't entriely sure about communications. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members