🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Paused - Unable to Contact Client
Page options
bradstormlanoue
Community Member

Project Paused - Unable to Contact Client

I recently wrapped up work on a project and I noticed that the project was paused by Upwork and client has been suspended.  I've read I can message my client, however, I'm unable to do this.  How do I find out more information in regards to this projects status?  Anyw help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Project Paused - Unable to Contact Client"

That's fine.

Clients are allowed to pause a contract at any time.

Clients are not obligated to respond to messages from freelancers.

As a freelancer, I get paid the same amount of money whether or not a client responds to messages.

I get paid the same amount of money for the work that I logged, regardless of whether or not a client pauses a contract.

re: "I recently wrapped up work on a project and I noticed that the project was paused by Upwork and client has been suspended.  I've read I can message my client, however, I'm unable to do this.  How do I find out more information in regards to this projects status?  Anyw help would be appreciated"

If the contract is paused, then it is paused. That is the "status." It is paused.
If the contract was paused by Upwork, then it is probably because there was a problem with the client's payment method. Upwork is NOT going to give you any information about that, even if you manage to contact Customer Support about this. Upwork Customer Support is trained to NOT provide information about OTHER people's accounts.

How can you find out "more information" about this project status?

You can't.

But you presumably logged your time in accordance with Payment Protection rules. So even if there is a problem with the client's credit card, Upwork will pay you for the time that you worked out of its own pocket.

Thanks for your help on this Preston.  Much appreciated.

belenc2018
Community Member

In my opinion, if the client has been suspended it might be something to do with money or not following Upwork's policies

If the client is suspended you can't contact them. I think you have to email/chap Upwork support to know more about the problem

Thank you Maria for the quick response. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members