🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project Suspension and Cancelation
Page options
21d3f9cc
Community Member

Project Suspension and Cancelation

We were hired by a client for a fixed price contract. Clients payment method was verified and budget of the project was shown in Escrow.

We completed the required task and submitted it for payment. The client checked files and verified that it is ok on both UPWORK chat and WhatsApp. Yesterday, it was displaying Contract on hold status at UPWORK.

We lodged a complaint against it. In response, we received Email from UPWORK that we will receive our payment in 14 days as we have completed and submitted the task. The contract was declared, “Suspended” by UPWORK and we were notified that we should not communicate or upload any file until the process is completed. Today, I received a notification on UPWORK saying contract ended. It is currently showing "cancelled" status there with payment still pending and payment is removed from Escrow. We are not paid for the finished project yet. We filed a second complaint stating this issue but there is no response from UPWORK yet.

we need assistance in this regard, what is the problem? Why we are not getting our payment for the project we have done already?

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rehan,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this contract. It looks like you're communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
21d3f9cc
Community Member

why is this displaying on my profile?why is this displaying on my profile?

Rehan, are you a freelancer working alone or do you represent a team?

Hi,

I am representing a team here (Team Engineeing).

Rehan N wrote:

Hi,

I am representing a team here (Team Engineeing).

You can't have an agency with only one member. All the 4 people you talk about need to have separate profiles and be listed in your agency. 

21d3f9cc
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

But we are very disappointed as this was our second contract.

Hi Rehan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Rehan N wrote:

We were hired by a client for a fixed price contract. Clients payment method was verified and budget of the project was shown in Escrow.

We completed the required task and submitted it for payment. The client checked files and verified that it is ok on both UPWORK chat and WhatsApp. Yesterday, it was displaying Contract on hold status at UPWORK.

We lodged a complaint against it. In response, we received Email from UPWORK that we will receive our payment in 14 days as we have completed and submitted the task. The contract was declared, “Suspended” by UPWORK and we were notified that we should not communicate or upload any file until the process is completed. Today, I received a notification on UPWORK saying contract ended. It is currently showing "cancelled" status there with payment still pending and payment is removed from Escrow. We are not paid for the finished project yet. We filed a second complaint stating this issue but there is no response from UPWORK yet.

we need assistance in this regard, what is the problem? Why we are not getting our payment for the project we have done already?

I hope it gets resolved for you! But, something seems fishy here Rehan! 

Your first job on Upwork was a Private Job? Although technically possible chances are nil for someone with no job history, of course, unless the client knew you! 

In which case it is a serious violation of ToS.

I just hope I am wrong.

Ashraf K wrote:

Rehan N wrote:

Your first job on Upwork was a Private Job? Although technically possible chances are nil for someone with no job history, of course, unless the client knew you! 

I just hope I am wrong.

You seem to be misinformed what a private job is. 

Martina P wrote:

Ashraf K wrote:

Rehan N wrote:

I just hope I am wrong.

You seem to be misinformed what a private job is. 

I am quite sure I know what it is and how it works, but please enlighten me! 

We recently joined UPWORK and we are not well versed with the terms and conditions of upwork.  A few days ago, we found we found a job on our feed and we placed a proposal stating our expertise. The client asked us to contact on WhatsApp for further details. After some discussion, she asked us to wait until next day for contractual formalities. We waited and asked her about contract multiple times but she kept stalling. After few hours, she suddenly sent some pictures of a problem statement and asked if you could do this. We asked her to create a formal contract on upwork only then we will work on it so she created a contract on upwork and we accepted it. After succefull completion of contract, we received our payment in earnings and a five star feedback. After a few minutes, she said I have a few more problems to solve if you could help me we asked her to put it in a contract on upwork as before. Things went smooth, her payment method was verified and the amount was showing in escrow. We worked on the project and submitted complete work for payment request she check and asked for some minor changes. We followed and submitted revised work on Upwork, which was marked satisfactory by her. Then she told us to wait for the payment, as she was very busy we waited for many hours and tried to contact her multiple times but could not reach her until we saw a hold status on the ongoing contract. We immediately contacted upwork support for assistance, as we are new at upwork and were concerned about the contract on hold.

All progress after that is stated above. Now we received an email from upwork stating that the client has been removed from market place due to fraudulent activity and this contract is not eligible for upwork payment protection. Our pending payment from second contract as well as prior earning from first completed contract disappeared from our profile. Therefore, it was a waste of our time and effort just because we were unaware of these minor details such as private contract or what so ever, it is an utter disappointment for us and we are very disappointed with this platform.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rehan,

I can see that your case has been handled by the correct team via this support ticket. Please allow time for them to review it and they'll update you directly once they have more information.

As a gentle reminder, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members