🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project TVX334?
Page options
japoian0308
Community Member

Project TVX334?

Hello I applied for several jobs and the job posters got back to me with this message. So far I have gotten 3 back from 3 different job posters each with a different email. Her is an example of one of them. Not sure if this is spam, has anyone received this before or taken jobs from this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Jonathan A.
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan A wrote:

Hello I applied for several jobs and the job posters got back to me with this message. So far I have gotten 3 back from 3 different job posters each with a different email. Her is an example of one of them. Not sure if this is spam, has anyone received this before or taken jobs from this?

Scam. Where they say "the job will be taken down in a few hours" it really means "we only have a limited amount of time to scam you before Upwork shuts us down again"

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

I checked the job posts you are referring to and they were already canceled for violating Upwork TOS. You'll notice that the Message room with the clients has also been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The job post was deleted, in accordance with Forum rules. But I had a chance to read it before it was deleted.

I thought that was hilarious, the way the scammer client "explained" why his job post would be online for only a short time.

In a way, that is a good sign. It shows that Upwork is acting fairly quickly, with the help of freelancers who report scammers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths