🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project cancelled before completion
Page options
alysegoody
Community Member

Project cancelled before completion

I'm just looking for some advice.

I worked with a client recently on a brochure that had multiple milestones. All except the final one have been funded and paid. The client sent me a voice memo a week ago saying the project is no longer going ahead for the time being and he is also leaving the company. 

I just wanted to know what to do in this position, the work is almost finished but we had not started on the final milestone. Should I ask him to close the job without the last milestone? Would this affect my JSS? Or shall I just leave it in case it ever gets picked up again in the future? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This will not have a negative impact on JSS.

It will have a positive impact on JSS.

Key reasons why it will be positive:

- The amount of money you earned on the contract is at least one dollar

- The client will be appreciative of the way you are flexible and cooporating with her request

REMEMBER:
Closing a fixed-price contract before all milestones have been done has NOTHING to do with JSS. JSS looks at: Was any money earned or not? Number of milestones doesn't mean anything to JSS. Amount actually paid was different than amount planned means nothing to JSS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
836408d7
Community Member

I would get the client to close the contract, any "unused" funds in escrow will go back to the client - as far as I'm aware.

That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure if it would negatively affect my JSS score if this was the route we went down?

This will not have a negative impact on JSS.

It will have a positive impact on JSS.

Key reasons why it will be positive:

- The amount of money you earned on the contract is at least one dollar

- The client will be appreciative of the way you are flexible and cooporating with her request

REMEMBER:
Closing a fixed-price contract before all milestones have been done has NOTHING to do with JSS. JSS looks at: Was any money earned or not? Number of milestones doesn't mean anything to JSS. Amount actually paid was different than amount planned means nothing to JSS.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members