🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Project didn't calculate in Job success s...
Page options
ibrahimarwan
Community Member

Project didn't calculate in Job success score.

Hello guys, I need your help.

I have a big a problem with one of my projects. It is closed from 4 months ago with 5 stars rating and till now there's no effect for this great project in my job success score.

This project is an hourly paid project and 50% of my income came from it approximately. The client was very happy but the only mistake was, before the client close the project, I stayed for 8 weeks without any earning because the client didn't give me any works.

Someone told me that when you close the project late after a time without any earning, the effect in your job success will be late too.

I don't know if this right or not can someone tell me?

And if it is right, can someone tell me when the project will effect on my score?

Because 4 months of waiting without submitting any proposals is too much time especially if the site is your only income source

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Ibrahim. A job is taken into account in your JSS within two weeks of it completing. However the effect on your JSS does not depend on the size of the job, So the job you're referring to would not have had a big effect.

The good news is that the effect of that very bad feedback in June will probably drop out of your JSS calculation after 6 months, so you should see an improvement soon.

Hi Richard, First of all thanks for your time and your replay but I have some notes

How the effect on JSS does not depend on the size of the job,  Because everytime I asked the Upwoork support about my job success, they said x% of your income is with a poor feedback. I think it is depending on the  size and Longer-term relationships are a plus and can help boost the score.

And I'm sure it is not taken because after closing the project and the time of updating JSS came, JSS didn't change.

the bad feedback in June  has not a big effect on my JSS. because it is a small project I think my JSS goes down 1% or 2% after it. I don't remember.

looking for your replay
Regards

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ibrahim A wrote:

I have a big a problem with one of my projects. It is closed from 4 months ago with 5 stars rating and till now there's no effect for this great project in my job success score.

This project is an hourly paid project and 50% of my income came from it approximately. The client was very happy but the only mistake was, before the client close the project, I stayed for 8 weeks without any earning because the client didn't give me any works.

Someone told me that when you close the project late after a time without any earning, the effect in your job success will be late too.

And if it is right, can someone tell me when the project will effect on my score?

Because 4 months of waiting without submitting any proposals is too much time especially if the site is your only income source

Regards

Ibrahim A wrote:

Regards

Why are you waiting for something (?) for 4 months now without submitting proposals? What are you waiting for?

Hi Martina thanks for your replay and your time.

I don't want to submit a lot of proposals without getting any offers to work or interviews and I'm afraid to make my hourly rate down and then going with a nonprofessional client which will affect badly on my JSS. I am trying to stay on the same quality of client and projects.

Looking forward to your opinion,

Regards

Ibrahim A wrote:

Hi Martina thanks for your replay and your time.

I don't want to submit a lot of proposals without getting any offers to work or interviews and I'm afraid to make my hourly rate down and then going with a nonprofessional client which will affect badly on my JSS. I am trying to stay on the same quality of client and projects.

Looking forward to your opinion

Regards

That is the risk of doing business. If you are unwilling to take it, there will be no business.

when I decide to wait, I didn't know i will wait for 4 months. I thought it will be 2 weeks or one month. And fter wait I thought there's no doubt it will go up in the next update, but the sad news was the JSS never ever go up.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members