🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Project duration for fixed price contract
Page options
louise_hannah18
Community Member

Project duration for fixed price contract

Hello! I'm currently a freelance graphic designer for almost 7 months and my only concern is a fixed price contract with long term project. Is it ok to ask the client regarding the project duration? Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

Sure, but a lot of clients lie and promise more work than they really have because they want to get you to do the front-end work cheap, so make sure it's broken into milestones and that you never do more work than funds have been escrowed to cover.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders
Community Member

Sure, but a lot of clients lie and promise more work than they really have because they want to get you to do the front-end work cheap, so make sure it's broken into milestones and that you never do more work than funds have been escrowed to cover.

Thanks for the tip Tiffany! It'll be a great help.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Hannah Louise B wrote:

Hello! I'm currently a freelance graphic designer for almost 7 months and my only concern is a fixed price contract with long term project. Is it ok to ask the client regarding the project duration? Thanks.

Not only is it okay to ask, but you SHOULD ask; how else will you know how to manage your time and how much you should charge? And is the client asking you to work for a long time before being paid anything?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hannah Louise B wrote:

It would be most unprofessional to not discuss this with your client, among many other things. Keep in mind to never accept a contract unless you have everything you need in order to start working. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members