🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project is open for bidding but someone else ...
Page options
thebrainwiz
Community Member

Project is open for bidding but someone else has been hired

It is not the first time I see this and happening all the time.
Project:
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01b99a791a863a7b0e
is still open for bidding and I can see that someone else has been awarded and is working on the same project.
Fix this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
wescowley
Community Member

There's nothing to fix. Clients can hire more than one freelancer to a job, so they don't need to close it after hiring one person. And the fact that they have hired one is clearly disclosed on the ad for other freelancers to see before they bid.

I often hire more than one person though a single job posting.

When I create my job postings, I always specify that I plan to hire one person. But I have hired two, three... even more than ten freelancers through a single job posting.

Yes this must be fixed.
We freelancers, if the job is not closed for bidding, losing our "connects" credit for applying for a job on which someone else is already been hired. I don't mind if employer hire more than one freelancer on one job but when employer hire someone on the project page there should not be allowed other freelancers to spend their connects.

Freelancer do not have infinite number of connects to apply for a job. Freelancer must carfully choose for which job to apply. After freelancer spend all free connects they must buy connects for money.

This is why I started this topic.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths