🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Project task calls
Page options
n_a_dayswork
Community Member

Project task calls

Hi all,
Do you make project task calls through upwork or your business line? Such as the client wants 500 calls made for verification of data.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Could hardly hear each other though."

That's a rousing endorsement.

For what it is worth:

The original poster is not actually asking about Upwork's audio/video conferencing call module within its Messages tool.

That tool only allows Upwork users to talk to each other (when it works). It is not a general purpose outgoing call tool.

The original poster is discussing a potential job working for a client who wants her to make outgoing calls to non-Upwork users, using software and hardware that tracks these calls with information provided to the client. This is not something that Upwork offers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do you make project task calls through Upwork?"

No.

re: "...or your business line? Such as the client wants 500 calls made for verification of data."

If a client hires you to do outgoing calls, then the client provides you with all necessary equipment, software, accounts, etc.

OR the client hires you and pays your premium price because YOU are an expert with your own equipment and necessary accounts, and YOU provide all of this.

Upwork provides NONE of this.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I've never successfully used UW for either voice or video calling and I don't know anyone who has. (I've only ever tried it a couple of times--life is short and time is money.)

Phyllis G wrote:

I've never successfully used UW for either voice or video calling and I don't know anyone who has. (I've only ever tried it a couple of times--life is short and time is money.)

I am not sure if that is what OP is talking about but I had a client not that long ago that insisted that we use UW's voice calling and so we did...and it did work.  Could hardly hear each other though.

For what it is worth:

The original poster is not actually asking about Upwork's audio/video conferencing call module within its Messages tool.

That tool only allows Upwork users to talk to each other (when it works). It is not a general purpose outgoing call tool.

The original poster is discussing a potential job working for a client who wants her to make outgoing calls to non-Upwork users, using software and hardware that tracks these calls with information provided to the client. This is not something that Upwork offers.

Preston H wrote:

Didn't intend it to be...but I was shocked that it worked at all.

Yes the quality is bad...and it is somewhat inconvient. Thank you.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members