cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects Rates are going down in design and creative Category?

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 9

off lately there is considerable posting of low budget jobs in design and creative catogery? with 20% fees and low budget its getting really tough to find good clients now..is anyone else also feeling the same?

and please i want response only from freelancers in this category only.

yowiedesign
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
2 of 9

I'm not in that category, so I won't respond. 

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 9

Not really. Summer is a slow time, but the postings seem the same to me.

rolludesig
Community Guru
4 of 9

ok but these days i see projects posted for expert level have budgets meant for entry level...and postings may be the same but quality of projects havent gone up as expected after 20% fee raise:(

design and creative category is full of $5 to $20 projects:( and even with filter expert level brings low budget jobs..isnt there any price /hourly range for expert level projects?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 9

Rahul, I've noticed what you've detailed - lots of low-paying jobs. But, it hasn't seemed like more than usual. There are always those clients who want 3 brochures designed for $15 from an expert level designer. Maybe what Maria pointed out about the summer slow down is what you're noticing. 

I can say that I've noticed an uptick in the number of jobs that clients list as expert, but then use $5 as a placeholder. Those are harder to discern at first glance because you have to read deeper into the posting that the short view that's posted in the job feed. 

rolludesig
Community Guru
6 of 9

hi melissa

yeah i agree with you but $5 as placeholder for expert jobs create doubt when i see the average hourly rate paid by those clients..most of the times it rather low below $10 per hour.

but i will go by your advice and try to read those projects deeper 🙂

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
7 of 9

Oh, for sure. I've seen plenty of those jobs. They want an expert level designer, but their average hourly rate paid has been $6. No, thanks! 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 9

@Rahul V wrote:

ok but these days i see projects posted for expert level have budgets meant for entry level...and postings may be the same but quality of projects havent gone up as expected after 20% fee raise:(

As has been discussed at great length in other threads, any change in the demographics and norms of a community of millions of freelancers and clients that would grow out of that type of change would take, at a minimum, several months to begin to evolve.

rolludesig
Community Guru
9 of 9

but a little bit change in quality of projects and budgets would have been highly encouraging but what i am seeing is complete opposite.

i hope most of the clients know about the fees that is charged to us and still the budgets are like $5,$10,$20..it is very disappointing to increase in such jobs

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS