🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Prolonged delay in payment
Page options
josephmathenge
Community Member

Prolonged delay in payment

Hi Community,

I have an issue of prolonged delay in receiving payment. I drew funds (not more than usd 1000) on 16th February 2021 to my bank account and till todate 22.03.2021, the funds have never reflected in my bank account. I intiated a follow up with Upwork 3 days after the date of withdrawal and I was told to wait for 8 days. I waited as instructed and after 8 days, I keep being informed that the payment processor is working with the partner bank to trace the funds. In the course of my enquiry, the customer support team here  at upwork told me the money was not processed via RTGS and instead, it was a VISA payment. I shared the proof of transfer sent with my bank who in response confirmed that the money never came in. This was immediately brought to the attention of Upwork customer support who has ever since been advising that "the trace of the funds is still ongoing". Now it is almost a month and still no clear communication of what is going on. I keep wondering if other freelancers are experiencing this kind of delay because since I started working as a freelancer at here, I have never had such an awful experience. I keep praying that this issue is given due attention by the staff here at Upwork because I rely on income generated from freelance jobs I do for clients.

9 REPLIES 9
tlsanders
Community Member

If "the staff here at Upwork" initiated a bank trace, they have no more control over the remainder of that process than you do.

I do reminders everyday, but keep on getting the same response over and
over again.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. I hope they will come back with a positive feedback. I have
received the same reply ever since I started following up on this. "the
trace of the funds is still ongoing"

Hi Fellow Freelancers,

I am writing this with deep pain in my heart. It is now one and half months since I withdrew funds at Upwork  and it has never been remiited to my account. The transaction was done on 16.02.2021. I have followed up with customer support and provided all the details they requested. However, every time they advice that tracing is in progress. After getting this reply ever since I started following up, I asked the support team to advice at what point they are in tracing so that I can assist in case my bank is not giving them a feedback soonest as expected, but no information is shared in this regard. To add salt to a wound, the same customer support is nolonger responding to my followup messages for the last one week. I am very stressed up because I work as a freelancer to support my family  yet the same company I am working via is not releasing my funds as is the case in normal situations.

Kindly, is there someone here who have ever undergone this and what did you do to recover your money? I would appreciate your kind advice.

Best Regards,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your earnings yet. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your support ticket and you should expect to receive an update soon. If you have any further questions please feel free to update your ticket with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
f459ac6f
Community Member

Hi Joseph, may I now have you received the payment now? Since I'm facing the same issue as you at the moment.

Hello Moh,

I see that your funds were successfully initiated on your Upwork account and currently under process. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
mehmood-muhammad
Community Member

Same issue with me. It has been more than 3 weeks and still no payment made. Also, upwork support is worst in responding to our concerns. They have only robotic answers like "compliance review is going on" "trace is going on". Such a bad freelancer platform. Such a shame. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths