Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Active Member
FIDELE ROSINE N Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
1 of 65

Good morning dear freelancers,

 

 

Since the may 28th, I am waiting for my 60 connects, as usual, but nothing yet, So impossible to submit proposal; as a Top Rated freelancer with 5 years on Upwork, all I wish is an explanation...They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code? Why other freelancer have still have their connects freely and not me? Why other can have a Promo Code and not me?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 65

FIDELE ROSINE N wrote:

They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code?


Simply ignore the Promo Code field. If you don't have one, you obviously can't enter one.

 

Nothing changed since you asked the same question on Thursday and got the same answer...

Active Member
FIDELE ROSINE N Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
3 of 65

OK, thank you very much for had been available to reply...I have understood that witout Promo Code Upwork remove me the access to submit any proposal!!! All I would like now, if I have the right or if I deserve to know, what are the conditions to fill to have a Promo code!? If those conditions exist...Do this Promo Code access is applied to everyone? It's really frustrating as I have passed all the test required and all the verifications! If there's another issue or another verification to pass, please could someone tell me!


Thank you t all

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 65

FIDELE ROSINE N wrote:

OK, thank you very much for had been available to reply...I have understood that witout Promo Code Upwork remove me the access to submit any proposal!!!


What in the world gave you that bizzareidea?

 


FIDELE ROSINE N wrote:

 All I would like now, if I have the right or if I deserve to know, what are the conditions to fill to have a Promo code!? If those conditions exist...Do this Promo Code access is applied to everyone? It's really frustrating as I have passed all the test required and all the verifications!


Very few people have them. People who go to an Upwork event may get one, for example. If you have not been given one, you haven't got one.**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 

It has nothing to do with tests or verifications or anything. I never had one, so what?  Just buy your connects and get on with it.

Active Member
FIDELE ROSINE N Member Since: Oct 19, 2015
5 of 65

OK, thanks

Active Member
Jose Andres G Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
6 of 65

Petra is super rude. ''Guru'' huh?

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
7 of 65

Jose Andres G wrote:

Petra is super rude. ''Guru'' huh?


Why?
Why does she answer without sweetening reality?
There are too many people who ask things that are answered in the help, and there are too many people who do NOT read the help at all.
And they are too many times answering the same thing over and over again (Petra and many others)

 

And GURU?, you will also be GURU if you write a lot in the forums (it is a title granted by Upwork) and it really is something that "is useless". Just so that, as some GURUs have commented, you get personal messages asking for help.

Active Member
Moin S Member Since: Oct 1, 2016
8 of 65

Well said, Maria. Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
9 of 65

Maria T wrote:

Jose Andres G wrote:

Petra is super rude. ''Guru'' huh?


Why?
Why does she answer without sweetening reality?
There are too many people who ask things that are answered in the help, and there are too many people who do NOT read the help at all.
And they are too many times answering the same thing over and over again (Petra and many others)

 

And GURU?, you will also be GURU if you write a lot in the forums (it is a title granted by Upwork) and it really is something that "is useless". Just so that, as some GURUs have commented, you get personal messages asking for help.


Well, Maria, if she can't be nice when she gives an information, she shouldn't give any. I remember the effect she had on me when I first came on the forum. I really couldn't stand her bluntness. You've probably grown used to it, but I assure you, when someone first discovers her, it's shocking.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
10 of 65
Luce, I agree that at the beginning it can scare a little 😁, but, I'm sorry, I can't agree that if she can't be more pleasant, I shouldn't say anything.
Without their advice and knowledge of Upwork, many of us would have had many problems.
So for me she can go on like this forever 😃
And ... Merry Christmas to all!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS