cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Andres F Member Since: Jan 22, 2018
31 of 50

Thanks for your explain, Petra.

I gonna buy connections for more proposal, by the way I should pay using only payment was created my name?

If I pay with others payment (of my friends or my sibling), it will be violated Upwork policy?

I wish your sincerely answer.

Best Regards

Chantal T Member Since: Oct 29, 2019
32 of 50
Okay, except it does not allow you to ignore the promo code field.
Fahim M Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
33 of 50

How to get the promo code? I can't order for connect

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
34 of 50

Fahim: Just leave the promo code blank.

S D Member Since: Dec 10, 2019
35 of 50

hi petra,

am sunchu deevena ..new to upwrk.can you plz let me know ..how to get my promo code?as am new to this work i hav not got any of my proposals which are not accepted and more over i dont hav enough contracts also...i grant request you to help in this....so that i can start working as member of upwork.

Kashi K Member Since: Mar 17, 2019
36 of 50

promo code

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
37 of 50

Hi Kashi,

Please refer to the details Avery shared in her post about getting a promo code, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Alosious P Member Since: Feb 15, 2012
38 of 50

In my opinion i would like to have some free connects for each freelancer, i have worked hard over past 5 years on upwork, but due to high number of application i do not get enough of interviews. Upwork deducts 20% off payment, is not it resonable to give some free connects each month, so atleast we can submit 2-3 jobs per month. 

Some job required 6 connects , so we lose $0.9 if we are not selected for the job, what is the use of this ? atleast we should get a percentage of refund for delicined proposal. Previously it was job platform , everyone can make life out of it, now all became business minded. 

Upwork please be resonable for us. Atleast 20 free connect is much helpful for us.

Wahyu D Member Since: Sep 21, 2019
39 of 50

I just "wasting" bidding this and that with my free connects and knowing that I'll not get a free connect every month. I thought my number of connect will be reset every month.

If I don't get hired until my connect runs out, I'd got to pull it out of my pocket.

From here I feel it's like a gambling. I help the upwork revenue with my payment but I don't get any guarantee that I'll be hired.

I'm Ok with the massive fee, but charging an unemployment upworker..geezz

Community Leader
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
40 of 50

Wahyu D wrote:

"From here I feel it's like a gambling."

Freelancing is a gamble, bro.

Life is also a gamble.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS