🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Promo Code, connects to buy, free connect...
Page options
fidele_rosine
Community Member

Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Good morning dear freelancers,

Since the may 28th, I am waiting for my 60 connects, as usual, but nothing yet, So impossible to submit proposal; as a Top Rated freelancer with 5 years on Upwork, all I wish is an explanation...They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code? Why other freelancer have still have their connects freely and not me? Why other can have a Promo Code and not me?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irfan,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get these emails, you can send a request to the Upwork Support Team so you can start receiving marketing emails again. You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

986 REPLIES 986

Wahyu D wrote:

From here I feel it's like a gambling.

It sounds like you don't have much confidence in your skills and ability to market yourself.

Tiffany S wrote:

Wahyu D wrote:

From here I feel it's like a gambling.

It sounds like you don't have much confidence in your skills and ability to market yourself.

I always love how the patronizing ones with the "sage" advice can't figure out how to work the quote function on the forum. 

Some things have changed. Nice to see that some things have stayed the same.

did they do away with free connects a month? I STRONGLY agree with you. There is so many jobs and $1 a job is way to high! UP work please help!

hamzasaeed31
Community Member

Dear ,

How to get promo code ? Can you help me?

Looking to your kind reply.

Regards 

Hamza

Hamza:

You do not have a promo code.

Leave that field blank.

Nobody at Upwork or in the Forum can give you a promo code simpy because you asked.

Promo codes are provided to certain people as part of promotional events. One does not ask for them.

Hot to get Promo code????

Riya K wrote:

Hot to get Promo code????

Ignore the Promo-Code field.

eric_warui
Community Member

Hey am new in upwork,am trying to buy some connects so that i can be able to submit a proposal.And also where do i get the promo code?

Please help me.

re: "And also where do i get the promo code?"

You don't have a promo code.

Leave that field blank.

sharmin-seo
Community Member

Promo code is nothing. Just buy connect and apply. Wish you very successful freelancing career.

yamikhael
Community Member

hello 🙂
could you please explain to me how to get promo codes?

Youstina M wrote:

hello 🙂
could you please explain to me how to get promo codes?

Just ignore the promo code field. Leave it blank.

i know that we ignore it and buy connects, i just wanna understand how we can get it

re: "wanna understand how we can get it"

Promo codes may be provided as part of special promotional events.

what special promotional events mean?🙈

For example, a party that you were not invited to.

😂😂 got it

Preston H wrote:

For example, a party that you were not invited to.

Straight SAVAGE! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

How to get promo code?

I'm just kidding. This thread is hilarious.

I do agree though that charging the unemployed for connects on top of the 20% fee is a bit ridiculous. The previous model with 60 free connects per month was much more viable for freelancers and also more rewarding for Upwork. More job contracts = more 20% fees for you guys.

Paywalling it leads to less jobs for those who need them the most. The ones who were already doing fine will be unaffected. The ones who will pay for connects are those who are desperate. Is milking the poor really what you guys wanna do?

re: "Paywalling it leads to less jobs for those who need them the most."

It is not Upwork's goal to provide jobs for those who need them the most.

Upwork provides a service to clients who hire freelancers. Upwork instituted paid connects in an effort to improve the client experience by exposing clients to fewer but more thoughtful job proposals.

My personal preference would be that connects remain free. So I agree with your sentiments. But I understand why Upwork made the change and I don't expect them to change back in the foreseeable future.

Yeah...

Even**Edited for Community Guidelines** lower commissions than UpWork. Odesk's 10 % was alright... plus they charge another dollar for transferring the money to my local bank account (so what was the 20% for.. ha ha ha) at lower than market exchange rates... ... Now I have to pay for connects ... well.. it is actually upworks loss.. I brought in nearly 8 clients to Upwork during ODesk days ... but stopped after I realised UpWork is interested in nothing but make as much money from you as possible .... well... looks like they are not going to last long... now they are offering us to bring clients in and they will not charge us a fee ... can you believe that?  ... Though would expose me to competition .. and clients will naturally go for cheaper freelancers.. and they get their 20% and I lose a client ... I mean rationally they should at least offer the introducer a commision for every job that the client engages on Upwork, even if it was to be with another freelancer... I have lost faith in UpWork actually ... everything that they give me ... places them at a vantage point   

daniyalkhaleel
Community Member

how can buy fee connects

re: "How can I buy free connects?"

Daniyal:

You can read about how to buy connects here:

Use Connects

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.04.46 PM.png

Hi Daniyal, 

We do not have free Connects or promo codes to offer at the moment. We do send out promo codes via email, at events, and through different partnerships. If you want to receive marketing emails from us, you can submit this form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time. 

You may read more about Connects here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mujeeb196
Community Member

hy! i am Mujeeb i am new on upwork i am just earn only 5 dollar and my containet end need promo code.

Hi Mujeeb,

Please know that we do not have promo codes at this time. Promo codes are offered through email at Upwork events, or through partnerships. If you're not getting any marketing emails from Upwork, you can submit the following form and we'll add you to our list. Please know that you can always unsubscribe from the emailers at any time. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have not received the monthly free connect

Hi Onyebuchi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already received free Connects for the current billing cycle. You can find more information on your Connects History page. 

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mr_khokon
Community Member

Hi there,

If any help is needed from our end, feel free to send us a message here and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I don't understand why Upwork doesn't clarify this. All that's needed is to change the form so it reads:

"Promo Code (if you don't have a promo code, please ignore this box)" 

If you made this simple addition, then perhaps people wouldn't be constantly asking where to get a promo code? 

Christine A wrote:

I don't understand why Upwork doesn't clarify this. All that's needed is to change the form so it reads:

"Promo Code (if you don't have a promo code, please ignore this box)" 

If you made this simple addition, then perhaps people wouldn't be constantly asking where to get a promo code? 

Yes, a few well-distributed notices here and there I think would prevent all of this. Or at least they would minimize it.
Also, I am not an English speaker, I think that a review of the wording would not hurt. There are quite confusing phrases.

corneliusaveling
Community Member

its because upwork is greedy and its not enough for them to take 20% of our hard earned money, so now they want us to spend money on bids to clients who never even reply.

since i no onger get connects i no longer apply for work on here, and find work elseware.

So how we can buy free connects why you are so greedy , upworkl is not greedy you are i am not using the word

Regards

Talha Saeed

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Cornelius A wrote:

since i no onger get connects i no longer apply for work on here, and find work elseware.

That would then be the reason why you are no longer getting work here, as you mentioned in your other post that was taken down... That and your poor JSS.

waqas6667
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I'm looking for a promo code to buy connects. I use to buy connects offeny, but I have never received any promo code on my mail. Can I get promo code to buy connets?

Thanks

Regards

Waqas S wrote:

Can I get promo code to buy connets?

No, you can't.

If you want connects, buy them like everyone else.

Is there any way to get free upwork connects

If there is please tell me

No, there's no way to get free connects

chaudhurymamun
Community Member

I need a suggestion , 

How can I get Promo code to buy connect, can anyone suggest me as I am new here ??

Thanks in advance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths