Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
91 of 134

re: "wanna understand how we can get it"

Promo codes may be provided as part of special promotional events.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Youstina M Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
92 of 134
what special promotional events mean?🙈
Highlighted
Community Guru
93 of 134

For example, a party that you were not invited to.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Youstina M Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
94 of 134
😂😂 got it
Highlighted
Tasha S Member Since: Jan 11, 2020
95 of 134

Preston H wrote:

For example, a party that you were not invited to.

Straight SAVAGE! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Carl S Member Since: Jan 14, 2020
96 of 134

How to get promo code?

I'm just kidding. This thread is hilarious.

I do agree though that charging the unemployed for connects on top of the 20% fee is a bit ridiculous. The previous model with 60 free connects per month was much more viable for freelancers and also more rewarding for Upwork. More job contracts = more 20% fees for you guys.

Paywalling it leads to less jobs for those who need them the most. The ones who were already doing fine will be unaffected. The ones who will pay for connects are those who are desperate. Is milking the poor really what you guys wanna do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
97 of 134

re: "Paywalling it leads to less jobs for those who need them the most."

It is not Upwork's goal to provide jobs for those who need them the most.

Upwork provides a service to clients who hire freelancers. Upwork instituted paid connects in an effort to improve the client experience by exposing clients to fewer but more thoughtful job proposals.

My personal preference would be that connects remain free. So I agree with your sentiments. But I understand why Upwork made the change and I don't expect them to change back in the foreseeable future.

Highlighted
Ravi S Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
98 of 134

Yeah...

Even**Edited for Community Guidelines** lower commissions than UpWork. Odesk's 10 % was alright... plus they charge another dollar for transferring the money to my local bank account (so what was the 20% for.. ha ha ha) at lower than market exchange rates... ... Now I have to pay for connects ... well.. it is actually upworks loss.. I brought in nearly 8 clients to Upwork during ODesk days ... but stopped after I realised UpWork is interested in nothing but make as much money from you as possible .... well... looks like they are not going to last long... now they are offering us to bring clients in and they will not charge us a fee ... can you believe that?  ... Though would expose me to competition .. and clients will naturally go for cheaper freelancers.. and they get their 20% and I lose a client ... I mean rationally they should at least offer the introducer a commision for every job that the client engages on Upwork, even if it was to be with another freelancer... I have lost faith in UpWork actually ... everything that they give me ... places them at a vantage point   

Highlighted
Daniyal K Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
99 of 134

how can buy fee connects

Highlighted
Community Guru
100 of 134

re: "How can I buy free connects?"

Daniyal:

You can read about how to buy connects here:

Use Connects