🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects
Page options
fidele_rosine
Community Member

Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Good morning dear freelancers,

Since the may 28th, I am waiting for my 60 connects, as usual, but nothing yet, So impossible to submit proposal; as a Top Rated freelancer with 5 years on Upwork, all I wish is an explanation...They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code? Why other freelancer have still have their connects freely and not me? Why other can have a Promo Code and not me?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irfan,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get these emails, you can send a request to the Upwork Support Team so you can start receiving marketing emails again. You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

986 REPLIES 986

Hi Rimsha,

At the moment we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Aleksandra,
Hope you are doing great. I have two questions please:
First, I have been invited for event, the "Upwork Product Update: Schedule a Meeting", coming up later today. I want to know how many connect I'm likely to get from this meeting.
Secondly, I was also invited to apply for an Upwork Skill Certification by **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I would like to know what the cost of this certification would be and if I would be given connects also.

I have mailed Jared but he is yet to reply as at the moment I write this.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,

The purpose of the event you're referring to is to help our community learn more about various tools Upwork offers and how to use them to achieve their professional goals. It's an educational event and we don't offer free Connects for attending it. 

Upwork Skill Certification is a free, invite-only program and you can learn more information about  it here. It doesn't include free Connects.

Thanks for your interest!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you very, I just submitted my email thanks 👍

i need promo code

Hello Usman,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Spoiler
Hello

Hello I'm freelancer

Maria T wrote:

Jose Andres G wrote:

Petra is super rude. ''Guru'' huh?

Why?
Why does she answer without sweetening reality?
There are too many people who ask things that are answered in the help, and there are too many people who do NOT read the help at all.
And they are too many times answering the same thing over and over again (Petra and many others)

And GURU?, you will also be GURU if you write a lot in the forums (it is a title granted by Upwork) and it really is something that "is useless". Just so that, as some GURUs have commented, you get personal messages asking for help.

Well, Maria, if she can't be nice when she gives an information, she shouldn't give any. I remember the effect she had on me when I first came on the forum. I really couldn't stand her bluntness. You've probably grown used to it, but I assure you, when someone first discovers her, it's shocking.

Luce, I agree that at the beginning it can scare a little 😁, but, I'm sorry, I can't agree that if she can't be more pleasant, I shouldn't say anything.
Without their advice and knowledge of Upwork, many of us would have had many problems.
So for me she can go on like this forever 😃
And ... Merry Christmas to all!

Hello I'm a freelancer

Seriously!

Just what I was thinking...You don't answer someone like that. If you can't answer in a decent manner, just ignore. Jeez!

nexallc
Community Member

agreed! 

juddlax
Community Member

I agree!

Petra is not 'Rude' she is just practical ... the guy was asking a VERY silly question... I on the other hand, would have been rude... Its a waste of time to answer these kind of questions... I would have advised him to use common sense.... but, I guess as they say... Common sense ain't so common these days...

Spoiler
Spoiler
It wasn't a Silly Question, are you an expert when you started on Upwork? Haven't you noticed that it has NEWBIE writen all over his forehead? lol Jokes aside, there's no harm in being nice! just saying.

Agree 

Please give me some promo code fof connects?

From where may i know

Hello i also want to buy Connects but I can't i have balance in my account still I can't buy why ? I have attached screenshot too
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nouman,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those.   

Let us know if the issue persists.  

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tired everything I can't buy 😭. I even called to bank they also have no
solution for that they told me you have choice you can use your credit card
anywhere.. but i don't know why I can't pay.. why i got an error
"unauthorized card" please help me

Hi Nouman,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket in adding your billing method. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello. Am new on Upwork and I don't have connects to be able to submit a proposal. I don't know what promo code is. Kindly assist. 

Nouman j wrote:
Hello i also want to buy Connects but I can't i have balance in my account still I can't buy why ? I have attached screenshot too

The name in your screenshot is not spelled like it is here in the forum. That could be the problem, as your name must match and be the same as it is on your billing information.

Petra R - another bad day? You are really helpfull - quite the guru!

#Petra R you need some people skills before you work for the community. I am sorry to say. 

Tauqeer A wrote:

#Petra R you need some people skills before you work for the community. I am sorry to say. 

I don't work for the community, I am happy to say. Was there anything else or did you just want to visit a random forum post and throw insults at someone?

Hi Petra

I have a question, yesterday, I was interviewd by a client, but still not yet received 10 free connects.

Would you kindly like to inform me, what can be a reason?

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the bonus Connects to be awarded on your profile. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey some help

Promo code

All will end and no proposal will be answered

Good day,

how could I get upwork promo code to buy connect or plus membership as I am a freelancer of upwork & like to work more,

I want to know which activity make me eatable for promo code & other promo offers from upwork as free, please help me,

Thanks & best regards

M. Mobinur Hashan

Hi M. Mobinur, 

Promo codes are shared via email, at Upwork events, and through partnerships.

If you would like to update your membership plan, you go to your Membership & Connects page (Settings > Memberships & Connects), and update your account membership from there.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello

Hope all you'll be fine. I am working on this platform since long. the great step the Upwork Community has taken about to purchase job and apply job as the big competition is exist now-a-days. I just want to know about the membership plan that if I purchsead this plant like my profile show $14.50/month so it mean every month you'll duduct $14 from my account or its one time to purchase membership plan.

many thanks

Muhammad Z wrote:

if I purchsead this plant like my profile show $14.50/month so it mean every month you'll duduct $14 from my account or its one time to purchase membership plan.

It is $ 14.99 per month, every month

Hi Muhammad,

Freelancer Plus is a monthly subscription for $14.99 (USD) that is designed to help you more effectively market your services, submit proposals, and stand out from the crowd. When you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan, you'll experience the following benefits:

• Be discoverable by keeping your profile active, even if you take a break
  • Be competitive with insight into competitor bids on jobs
  • Engage and apply with 70 Connects per month
  • Stand out with a customized profile URL
  • Keep your earnings confidential
~ Riri

How i can participate in upwork events?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths