🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects
Page options
fidele_rosine
Community Member

Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Good morning dear freelancers,

Since the may 28th, I am waiting for my 60 connects, as usual, but nothing yet, So impossible to submit proposal; as a Top Rated freelancer with 5 years on Upwork, all I wish is an explanation...They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code? Why other freelancer have still have their connects freely and not me? Why other can have a Promo Code and not me?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irfan,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get these emails, you can send a request to the Upwork Support Team so you can start receiving marketing emails again. You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,002 REPLIES 1,002
bb2848e7
Community Member

I do not understand, why many community members forcing us to buy connects?

May be we do not have enough money.

Kemal T wrote:

I do not understand, why many community members forcing us to buy connects?

May be we do not have enough money.

What?
No community member is forcing themselves to buy connects. But if you don't buy them, you won't be able to send proposals.

And your photo must be of you, no a logo.

dd764ce4
Community Member

Hi, I want to get a promo code. Please send.
Thanks

38da0cf0
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Community

How can I use a promo code to get a discount on Upwork when I buy connects? There's a field for a promo code during checkout, but I don't know how to get one or use it to save money. Can you explain how I can get a promo code and use it to save money on Upwork?

asadd_hossain
Community Member

I want to buy many connect, like 100 dollars. Does anyone have a promo code or how to get one?

Dear Asad,

If you are looking for more information on Upwork membership coupons, I suggest visiting the "Redeem Membership Coupon" page on Upwork's website.

Thanks. 

c4427679
Community Member

how we will get promo code?

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Promo codes are offered through email at Upwork events, or through partnerships that can be used as discounts when purchasing Connects. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork
e39899d5
Community Member

Plz sir send me promo code for up work

Hi Abid, we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest.

~Andrea
Upwork
b1a68842
Community Member

Good Evening 

My name is Ansa Mubeen. My connects run out. I want to purchase connects. Where to get Promo code .

Community Member

I would like to know about current promo code available because i want buy some Connects.

No promos exsist. Leave it empty.

Community Member

In future is there any possibility of coming promo code ? 

7eb630e1
Community Member

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice on how to find promo codes or discounts for purchasing Upwork connects. I've searched online and tried several codes, but none of them seem to work. Has anyone successfully used a promo code recently? Where did you find it, and do you have any tips for using it effectively? Thank you for your help!

Hi Muhammad,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c059a06d
Community Member

Good day everyone  I want someone to put me through on how to  buy connect. I tried to buy but it kept on demanding for a code. How do I get this code ? Please explain. Thanks and God bless.

Hi, thanks for asking. For purchasing connects, you just have to select the amount to buy and click on "Apply"

Promo code is used for discount.
Promo codes are offered through email at Upwork events, or through partnerships.

Since you don't have any promo code, you have to buy at the real price.

349e77ec_1-1680725023344.png

Hi Olufinke,

Anaf is correct! We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. In addition to that, to ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ Arjay
Upwork
181856eb
Community Member

Hello,

I want to buy connect, but the upwork asks me to enter a promo code, without it, I can't go to the next step to pay. But I don't have any promo code and I don't know where to get it. I just want to buy connectors without a promo code. What is the reason why I can't do this?

Thanks!

Best regards, Xenia

Hi Ksenia,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please leave the promo box empty. It will work 

51b49924
Community Member

help me

You don't need a promo code.

You can leave that field blank.

Upwork is currently not offering promo codes.

Hi Md Atikur,

Preston's correct! We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment and it's not mandatory for you to purchase Connects. In addition to that, periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ Arjay
Upwork
13b5e782
Community Member

uowork please give me some connects

Hi,

You get 10 free connects every months by Upwork. Any connect on top of this 10 needs to be purchased, connects can be bought from Setting > Membership & Connects > Buy Connects.
Connects can be bought in multiple of 10s. You can buy it using credit card or using Upwork balance. Hope this helps.

mathgirl
Community Member

Hello,

The issue is NOT solved. This is a bug in the mobile version of the app. If you try to buy connects there, you are forced to fill out the promo code otherwise you can't buy them. (IPhone in my case).

The freelancers reporting this are NOT trying to get a promo code (unbelievable how many answers do not even consider this) but they are reporting a bug in your CODE.

Regards,

Milena

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while trying to buy Connect using the mobile application. Could you please share a screenshot of the page clearly showing the error message or disabled button? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

you need to indicate to your developers that the algorithm of the page should not set "PROMO CODE" as a necessary condition to turn the "Apply" button green.

I am attaching a screenshot.

Also, allow me:

1) connects should not be required for freelancers who have contributed with thousands of dollars in "fees"

2) connects should be reimbursed when the client did not even check a job application (then they did not "connect" anything);

3) freelancers who contribute to reporting issues and problems (just like in this case, a very obvious bug!!! What is your Qa doing? Can I suggest to contact me for a good Qa reference? ) should be granted quite a bit of connects as a promo reward.

Upwork is turning into a very greedy business, and many among us are not really liking it.

Cheers,

Milena

494F9235-5EA7-40F6-AF23-1B9463B2BA99.jpeg

87c78f1a
Community Member

Promo code

rizwan_sarwar7
Community Member

How can I get promo code?

Hi Muhammad Rizwan,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks for reply

e89ddda7
Community Member

Hello,
I want to buy connects i am showing here an option for the promo code i don have this. However I want to buy and i am ready to pay for it. I do not have money in my Upwork account. Can anyone help how i can do so?

Hi Salamat,

Thank you for your message. If you do not have a balance on your Upwork account, you will need to add a billing method to purchase Connect. Click this link to add a billing method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c76d2555
Community Member

i didnt get any promo code i dont have connectors to apply for a proposal

Hi Gowrri, we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Gowrri, we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest.

I wonder, is it so difficult to add a note next to "promo code" that says that it is not necessary to have one to buy connects since they are not available except for certain circumstances?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members