cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Native English Speaking Author

r_rootes
Robert R Member Since: May 30, 2016
1 of 3

Repeatedly, when I attempt to apply for proposals, the requirements are saying that I do not meet certain criteria because I am NOT a native English speaking author, or something to that respect. I am American, born, bred, and raised in the United States, frankly, I think it would be impossible for me to be more Caucasian that I already am. How do I change this status or submit information to UpWork to make it so I fit this requirement?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

@Robert R wrote:

Repeatedly, when I attempt to apply for proposals, the requirements are saying that I do not meet certain criteria because I am NOT a native English speaking author, or something to that respect. I am American, born, bred, and raised in the United States, frankly, I think it would be impossible for me to be more Caucasian that I already am. How do I change this status or submit information to UpWork to make it so I fit this requirement?

Go to your profile and edit your English language proficiency to "Native / Bilingual"

Also, being a native English speaker has nothing to do with being "Caucasian!!"

change eng.png

View solution in original post

r_rootes
Robert R Member Since: May 30, 2016
3 of 3

I completely agree with your reply, my being English speaking, native born, has NOTHING to do with the color of my skin. Please do not consider that a snide or racial statement. That is not appropriate. I apologize profusely if it "read" like that. No disrespect to anyone. I appreciate the direction and have followed your direction and updated my profile to reflect the change. Thank you so much for taking a time to answer my question and help me with my UpWork experience.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS