🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Proposal Count inconsistent
Page options
lbantley
Community Member

Proposal Count inconsistent

I have noticed this a few times over the past couple weeks. 

A job listing will have a proposal count, in the case today "Less than 5" but when I select the proposal to view the details there is another count, "5-10." See attached.

What's up with that? I assume these numbers are from a database of jobs...the same database. In this day why don't those numbers match? In going through countless jobs, I don't particularly want to spend extra time looking at jobs that end up having a higher count on the details page.

Thanks for looking into this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Lynn,

Could you please share the job post link that you are referring to so I can check with the team? You can send the link via PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lbantley
Community Member

Here ya go...this is one of them that I have come across recently. 

Thanks.

tlbp
Community Member

Lynn B wrote:

I have noticed this a few times over the past couple weeks. 

A job listing will have a proposal count, in the case today "Less than 5" but when I select the proposal to view the details there is another count, "5-10." See attached.

What's up with that? I assume these numbers are from a database of jobs...the same database. In this day why don't those numbers match? In going through countless jobs, I don't particularly want to spend extra time looking at jobs that end up having a higher count on the details page.

Thanks for looking into this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Then numbers aren't accurate or updated in real time. Plus, I think that proposals that have been submitted and rejected aren't included in the count. If wasting time or connects is a deal-breaker, you are probably going to be disappointed with your Upwork experience. 

What Tonya said.

IMO the more useful data points are how long ago the job was posted, how recently the client looked at it, the client's history on UW (kinds of jobs they hire, what they pay), and anything I can glean about the client in 30-60 seconds of Googling (assuming there are any clues in the job post). If most or all of those indicators point to a viable opportunity, then I pursue it and otherwise I pass, all regardless of other proposals that might or might not have been submitted.

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for your comments...I agree with you. I typically do all of what you mention. That is the most accurate data in my opinion.

Just frustrating at the difference in numbers...makes no sense from a database driven application to have some numbers on one page and different numbers on another page.

Those mentioning possible rejected contracts, etc, I don't think really understand stored data and how it is displayed. If there are rejected contracts then that would be reflected on both pages/counts.

tlbp
Community Member

Lynn B wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for your comments...I agree with you. I typically do all of what you mention. That is the most accurate data in my opinion.

Just frustrating at the difference in numbers...makes no sense from a database driven application to have some numbers on one page and different numbers on another page.

Those mentioning possible rejected contracts, etc, I don't think really understand stored data and how it is displayed. If there are rejected contracts then that would be reflected on both pages/counts.

Welp, we understand how Upwork displays it. 😂

lbantley
Community Member

>>If wasting time or connects is a deal-breaker, you are probably going to be disappointed with your Upwork experience. <<

Thanks for your feedback. Hadn't said anything about a deal breaker or connects, but thanks for addressing the situation discussed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members