🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal Message Removal?
Page options
rornach
Community Member

Proposal Message Removal?

Hello Upwork Community!

I'm very new to this and would like a sanity check. I received a message from a client I submitted a propsal to saying to see their attachment for interview instructions. I got this notification via email and by the time I got into my account the message was removed from my Upwork inbox and the attachment couldn't be opened.

I have already received 2 other proposal replies that were later removed for violating the ToS. So, should I attempt to contact this third shady client? Or give up & apply to more?

I find it very frsutrating that my connection credits are going to waste and there's no protection from scammers early on in the process. (And also a bit mad at humanity for preying on those who need jobs right now)

3 REPLIES 3
wescowley
Community Member

If the message and the attachment were removed, it was probably because it was reported as a scam. In my experience, any proposal response that includes an attachment with interview instructions is trouble. Move on to the next one.

And, the fact that the message and attachment was removed shows there is some protection against scams, but it does rely heavily on freelancers recognizing them and reporting them.

Can you help me with a similar issue?
I submitted for a proposal and the client contacted me through messages on upwork. Now the messages are still there but the actual proposal has been removed by upwork, what would be the reason in that case? Should i go through with the project or decline the offer?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rory,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've checked and connects were already refunded to you as the job has been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. You can check this under your Connect History

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths