cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal Response - Am I stuck with the price I bid?

Highlighted
Robin H Member Since: May 3, 2016
1 of 6

If I want to respond to a proposal with a request for details before bidding, am I held to the number I had to quote to send the response?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Robin,

Once the client accepts your proposal, you will be able to interview and discuss the details further. If needed you may re-negotiate your bid depending on those details and come to a mutual agreement before the offer is sent and accepted.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 6

Thanks, Valeria,

Surely I'm not the only one with this concern. Wouldn't it make it easier for everyone if there was a way to ask questions before submitting a bid?

Do you think Upwork would change the requirement for a price when just asking questions?

Robin

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Robin, you can also go to your proposal and click "Propose" different terms to edit your bid.

Currently freelancers have to apply for a job in order to start communicating with the client and there are no plans to change the process at this time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

re: "Currently freelancers have to apply for a job in order to start communicating with the client and there are no plans to change the process at this time."

Thank goodness.

As a client, I don't want people pestering me if they're not serious about sending a proposal to my job.

If you send a proposal, it doesn't commit you to anything at all. If you hear more about the job and realize it's not for you, then you don't have to move forward.

As a contractor, if you see a job which doesn't have enough information for you to make a decision about whether or not to submit a proposal, then THAT JOB WAS NOT MEANT FOR YOU.

There are many contractors who specialize in working with clients who need a little more help in formulating their ideas. If you're not one of those contractors, then just ignore those jobs.

Highlighted
6 of 6

Interesting responses. Thank you, Valeria and Preston.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS