🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal Screen
Page options
2cb827e9
Community Member

Proposal Screen

Hello Upwork!  I couldn't find where we could leave general feedback and I am sure there is a forum already discussing this, but I couldn't find it.  Please, Upwork, fix the Submit a Proposal entry area for the freelancers.  First of all, we could be typing and click or drag the cursor a little outside the pop-out screen and it takes us out of the Submit Proposal screen and back to the Job Details screen.  This happens constantly when I highlight a section of my proposal to edit, copy, delete or move sentences around.  I drag my mouse across to highlight and it goes a little too far and boom. I know we don't lose the data we previously filled, but it is so annoying.  We DO lose data we filled in when this happens in the Decline/Refer Proposal screen. Why do we need to be taken to a screen like that? It should just be a fixed page. Why do they need to be pop-out screens?  Please fix this if you can! 🙂  This just happened to me again and the sheer aggravation led me to do some research for leaving feedback.

Secondly, I really wish you would leave us much bigger text boxes where our proposals are written up.  Why are they so small?  I have a standard proposal that I use and I move paragraphs around and customize it to fit the project I am applying for.  It is so difficult to highlight a paragraph to move it up because it jumps up so fast and highlights way too much--same going downward.  I have to manually click the position on the scroll bar and sometimes it's still not enough, so I have to do half a paragraph at a time (doing all this highlighting also causes me to be kicked out of the proposal screen constantly, keep in mind). I don't understand why the text boxes have to be so small - The same goes for the boxes where we answer a client's questions.  The text box here in this Discussion/Forum message is larger than what's in the proposal!  HA! I wish the text boxes would be large enough to fill almost the whole page!  Why not?  🙂 

I love everyone at Upwork and I appreciate all you do!  I just wanted to see if there is anything that can be done or if there are any suggestions to post this request somewhere else.  If anyone needs to see an example of what I am talking about, I can send a quick video, if they are allowed.

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions with us! We would be more than happy to pass them to our team for review. If you don't mind, could you please clarify both of them and possibly share screenshots or video(s) to get a better idea? For the first one, to submit a proposal, you're landing on a page, not a popup or a slider. Are you perhaps referring to the job post that is being opened in a slider? On the submit a proposal page, no matter where you click (as long as you don't navigate to another page or close the tab/window), you'll remain there. For the second one, you can resize the textarea as shown here and here

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Oh my gosh! HA! I never noticed that! Thank you for showing me that portion and wow it's going to make things easier.  Woohoo!  

Yes! When I receive a new invite or a job I will decline, I will respond and make a video to show you what happens.  🙂   

Okay!  I forgot I was in the middle of declining an invite when I came here to find answers.  🙂  Please check out the attached video! 🙂 

Oh, it won't allow me to send the video.  Invalid file type.  How can I change the file type .mp4?

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The file proposal screen.mp4 does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. .jpg,.gif,.pdf,.pptx,.wmv,.png are the valid extensions.

Hi Shannon,

To include a video in your Community post you can use this button and insert a video link. Screenshots can also be useful to let us know what you're seeing on your end.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
2cb827e9
Community Member

OH!  I didn't see that either.  As you can tell, I haven't done this before.  Screenshots will definitely not work in this case, because you need to see the action.

Yeah, it's not letting me send that way either.  I don't know how to make my video into a proper URL, I guess.  It's a Dropbox link, which does take me to a URL, so I am not sure why it's not working.

I attached a snip of the error,

So there is nothing else I can do to send this video to you?

Hi Shannon, 

Is there any way that you can save the video on Youtube or any video-sharing site and add the link on the option that Andrea shared?

~ Joanne
Upwork
2cb827e9
Community Member

No, I don’t know how to do all that on YouTube. And I already tried what Andrea showed and it wouldn’t work that way either. I think I sent a screenshot of the error I receive from both add video options. Ugh…. Okay, well, I appreciate you trying! 😊

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members