🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal accepted/ no visible contract
Page options
istanojevic13
Community Member

Proposal accepted/ no visible contract

Hi guys, recently I accepted a proposal from a client for whom I already did a few jobs. I finish the work, and the client is assuring me the work is paid regularly, but I haven't yet received payment and the contract is not even visible. I tried with the support page but "data" is not helpful and when I wanted to find an email address so I can speak with a real human, there's no such info. Any help? Maybe to change terms on the proposal? Because I can see the proposal in my notification center.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ivan S wrote:

Hi guys, recently I accepted a proposal from a client for whom I already did a few jobs. I finish the work, and the client is assuring me the work is paid regularly, but I haven't yet received payment and the contract is not even visible. 

An accepted invite is not a contract. An accepted OFFER is creates a contract.

On your My Jobs Page - is there a contract? If not, you are not hired and the client could not pay you if they wanted to...

If there is a contract, is it fixed rate or is it hourly? If fixed rate, did you use the "submit for payment" function on the contract? If it's hourly, did you track your time?

There's no contract there... so it is as I thought so. Client is using the fact I finish the work without a contract and now doesn't want to pay. My bad, but at least I've learned something new.

Ivan S wrote:

There's no contract there... so it is as I thought so

It might be an oversight?

Politely remind the client. Also bear in mind that you own all right until the work is paid for....

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths