🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal already submitted, not true!
Page options
rhowork
Community Member

Proposal already submitted, not true!

Hello,

A weird thing or maybe something I didn't notice yet?

I got an invitation email for a project

**Edited for community guidelines**

Looking on the project page it appearred as withdrawn,

Out of curiosity I opened the job's details,

I was intrigued by the mention of me submitting a proposal already which not only that I didn't but I could have not done it anyway since it was already withdrawn when I got there.

Clicking the View Proposal I saw the reason of withdrawas "Declined by client: Applicant requesting to work outside of Upwork"

I hope it is not some kind of a system glitch pointing to me as I didn't apply for it, made a proposal of any sort or contacting that client in any way.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

It's probably not a bug but it's not worded well and awkardly handled. It's blocking you  because the job was killed by Upwork and the system probably just doesn't detect the difference between being blocked because the contract is dead and a contract where the user has already submitted a proposal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

It's probably not a bug but it's not worded well and awkardly handled. It's blocking you  because the job was killed by Upwork and the system probably just doesn't detect the difference between being blocked because the contract is dead and a contract where the user has already submitted a proposal.

rhowork
Community Member

Thank you Jennifer,

I am paranoid exactly because of the said system!

Was a bit afraid it might somehow block my account or something.

I heard on several occasions the system doesn't believe in inocent til proven guilty 😞

lysis10
Community Member

Robertino V wrote:

Thank you Jennifer,

I am paranoid exactly because of the said system!

Was a bit afraid it might somehow block my account or something.

I heard on several occasions the system doesn't believe in inocent til proven guilty 😞

Take the NO REASON stories with a grain of salt. There is always a reason. Usually, a good one.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths