cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal answer missing in Messages

Marta F Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
1 of 8

Hi everybody!

A client answered one of my proposals asking if I would still be interested in the job - as due to the recent Proposal Issue he had 70+ proposals to go through and 3 days had passed. He did so around 14:00h, but it didn't appear as a new Message, so I only accidentally discovered it when randomly checking at 15:30h the proposals page, as I saw it in the Active Proposals box. I honestly feel I dodged a bullet there, 1:30h is still acceptable as answer time...

The message is still missing in Messages and I can only check on it (which I do compulsively every 30 secs or so, because I really really want this job) through the Proposals page.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is this a known/reported bug?

In the meantime, I suggest you all check your Active Proposals box just in case!

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 8

Same here. It's just one right now. I hope I haven't missed any other applications in the past.

3 of 8

Also, let's hope it's not two-sided, and the clients do receive the answers through messages!

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 8

It is on the client side as well.

I posted a job yesterday and never received one email telling me there were applicants. I thought no one had applied. No orange bell for notifications either.

Very very discouraging.

Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
5 of 8

Same thing here, not even recieved email notification. Oh My God ! Help Us

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
6 of 8

I think the messaging system is having even broader issues than that. When I go to my messages, on the left side (where the short view of all discussions is), I can see the beginning of a reply I sent to a client. However, when I click the actual message thread open, my reply does not show up.

Woman Frustrated

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

HI Marta and others, 

Could you please submit a ticket request to Support if you haven't already? The team needs to know more details such as whether you are using the new Message system or switched back to the old one and a correspondence with which client you are referring to.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
8 of 8

Hi Valeria,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer!

I have already submitted a ticket through CS with all the details, they confirmed it wasn't showing in the client's side either, although he did receive a notification (which I really hope he sees!) and that they will be back in touch.

PS. After reading your message I have switched to the old layout and it does show in the list of messages, so apparently it's an issue that only affects the new layout (which unfortunately seems to be my client's).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS