cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal-contact-work done-no answer

Highlighted
Marko P Member Since: Oct 22, 2018
1 of 7

Hello, i'm new here but i get answer on my proposal from client. Client contact me, ask for work (pdf build). I send him file, but after that he stop contact me. Yesterday same situation with another client. After the correspondence, and the work done, there is no answer. In "My Jobs" i dont have any link. So, I've finished the job but the client slips off after receiving the materials. How can I make a client to make their promises/payment? Thank you for answers. Marko

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@Marko P wrote:

Client contact me, ask for work (pdf build). I send him file, but after that he stop contact me. Yesterday same situation with another client. After the correspondence, and the work done, there is no answer. In "My Jobs" i dont have any link. So, I've finished the job but the client slips off after receiving the materials. How can I make a client to make their promises/payment?

So you were never actually hired? (No job on your "My Jobs" page?")

Any offers on your Proposals page that you maybe haven't accepted yet?

The only way you have any protection is if you receive and accept proper offers through the site, and those offers are funded (if fixed rate) or you use the Upwork tracker properly (if hourly contracts.)

If you just do work without being hired your "client" (And I use the term loosely) could not pay you even if they wanted to because there is no contract to pay you through.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 7

@Marko P wrote:

Hello, i'm new here but i get answer on my proposal from client. Client contact me, ask for work (pdf build). I send him file, but after that he stop contact me. Yesterday same situation with another client. After the correspondence, and the work done, there is no answer. In "My Jobs" i dont have any link. So, I've finished the job but the client slips off after receiving the materials. How can I make a client to make their promises/payment? Thank you for answers. Marko

Next time, make sure you receive an offer from a client, and accept that offer. You will receive an email "contract yx has started" and see the job in your "my jobs" page. Only then start working, and sending files. 

Promises mean nothing on upwork, and are not enforcable, unless they are backed up by a contract. 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Marko,

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteriums required. Upwork Payment Protection consists of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts. I would also suggest to check out the Safety First section on this Thread. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 7

Thanks everyone. Now is much clearer how the thing works. I'll be smarter the second time.
Best regards! Marko

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 7

@Marko P wrote:

I'll be smarter the second time.

You mean the third time actually.

Please read the help section before doing anything.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
7 of 7

Of course, the third time! That's what I meant. Tnx

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS