Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal display

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 13

I have not been paying much attention to the fact that proposals are not displayed. I do, however, find myself in a position where a contract is nearing its end, and being pro-active, want to start looking for a new longish-term one to fill in the gap when it closes.

I see that it still states, under 'find new work', that proposals are still not showing. I just wondered if, in an instance where one submits a proposal, whether the client will see it, even if I, as the freelancer, don't?

I would normally have asked someone at CS, but it seems the queue is inordinately long this morning, and I would prefer not to wait until it is finally my turn. 

I think it's time for a little in-depth house cleaning in my neck of the woods until I either get an answer or the status changes.

Irene

kingcarlton
Community Leader
Carlton D Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
2 of 13

@Irene B wrote:

just wondered if, in an instance where one submits a proposal, whether the client will see it, even if I, as the freelancer, don't?

One would suppose the client can see them. Though the number of applicants show up as zero on the job posts, the number being interviewed shows up fine.
Then again it might be the number of those who have been invited to the interviews and not anyone selected from the regular bids.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
abraamz
Avraam Z Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
3 of 13

I have as a freelencer a message that I cant see probably from a client. I made a proposal to his job. Maybe its a clarification message or something. 

I have been interviewed and hired in an invitation only project.

I believe that UpWork is actually broken right now for new jobs, and the part with invitation only is the part still working. I hope they fix this soon without major losses.

mattlyn
Raymart S Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
4 of 13

we all same problem i apply and send proposal to this job but when i see the numbers of proposal and interviews it still zero like this attached  i also hope that they fix it soon thank you upwork 🙂

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

azees
Asad Z Member Since: May 1, 2008
5 of 13

This joint venture leads us into many problems, oDesk was much better then Upwork, CS never able to answer properly and puts everything on technical or quality control departments whom we can't contact.

Its been a waste of week, got lot of invitations but it looks none can see my proposals and its all lost. Its time to change the freelancing portal and look for something else then Upwork?

bojikko
Jikkemien Marije B Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
6 of 13

Hi, I understood from Upwork's helpdesk that unfortunately at this stage also the client will not see your proposal....... ouch.

Gr

Jik

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 13

Hi Irene,

Although the proposals sent by freelancers are stored properly, currently due to the technical issue they are not being displayed on both freelancer and clients side. Once the issue is fixed, the proposals will be displayed again.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

....Although the proposals sent by freelancers are stored properly, currently due to the technical issue they are not being displayed on both freelancer and clients side....

In other words, the site and service's fundamental reason for existence is broken, and none of your hundreds of engineers know how to fix it.

mark8979
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
9 of 13

Apparently they have put a job on Upwork looking for more engineers - but for some reason they haven't had any applications yet! Smiley Sad

kingcarlton
Community Leader
Carlton D Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
10 of 13

Hm, just sent in a proposal to a new job posted a few hours ago that shows it had 8 'applicants' - so  figured it's kind of fixed. Now I'm down two connects and no proposal listed on the job or in my list of proposals. 

And, I declined an invite to an interview two days ago but I am listed as an 'Applicant' on that job post. Why the heck am I listed as a candidate on a job I declined? 

Up_anyone, please acknowledge and respond? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS