🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal follow up
Page options
wendymccubbins
Community Member

Proposal follow up

Hi - I'm new to Upwork, but am an experience professional. So far 7 proposals with only one reply - a guy who wanted me to open a bitcoin account for him as one of the job duties 😞

I have 4 open proposals that have been outstanding for over a week. Is it advisable to contact the prospective employers to touch base and indicate my interest? Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Unless a client contacts you through Upwork initially you have no way within the system to contact them.  If you can find a way to contact them by other means you are advised not to do so as is a violation of the Terms of Service and could get your account banned.

What is best is to fire and forget and it is very common for the majority of your proposals to be unanswered.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
florydev
Community Member

Unless a client contacts you through Upwork initially you have no way within the system to contact them.  If you can find a way to contact them by other means you are advised not to do so as is a violation of the Terms of Service and could get your account banned.

What is best is to fire and forget and it is very common for the majority of your proposals to be unanswered.  

Thank you!

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

What Mark said. Also, you have two prominent typos in your profile (in the Employment History section). 

Thank you so much!!! 

Ireally appreciate the feedback - do you have any other suggestions? 

Good grief - you would think that after being an underwriter for 40 years I'd know how to spell it!!!

Do you have any other advise for me?? Thank you so much! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members