cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal is not showing in client's profile/proposal box

shohail003
Aminul I Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
1 of 12

My profile is now locked private. I didn't know about private profile before mine one going to private. Since mid-July I haven't earned money on Upwork. When it became private, I searched for it and learnt what t is. 

However, I kept applying for new jobs. But no response from the clients. My present JSS is 75.

August 25, maybe, I applied for a job which looked for  4 freelancers. I was checking again and again the view job posting option because client's requirements were matched with my skills. There showing Total Proposals were less than 5. The client hired 4 freelancers. I got confused! Then where is mine?

Still I kept applying. Same thing happened again. I applied for another job on 30 August 2017. Total Proposals :Less Than 5. Hires 4. Then where is my proposal?

For information, both the clients didn't send any invites. I also checked it to be more sure. I have preserved screenshots of both jobs details. I have a job active/in progress. I immediately checked it how it looks in client's profile. I saw it dead there. That is, not active there.

If my proposal is not shown in client's proposal box, why should I send proposal any more? How can I get job on Upwork? Can anybody help me what I should do now? Thanks for your reading.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 12

Hi Aminul,

Just to confirm that clients you have sent a proposal to will see it on their end. With this feature your profile wont appear in search results only, but you can apply to jobs.
You can request your visibility be resumed (for free). If your account is affected, a special contact link will be available on your Find Work home page in the visibility section. If your profile is set to private again in the future due to no earnings, you'll need to contact customer support again.

For more details about this you can read this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 12

You were likely declined so your proposal does not count towards the "less than 5" as this only counts applicants that have not been declined.

shohail003
4 of 12

Thanks Petra. But if my proposal were declined, it wouldn't show in my profile proposal section. I can still see the client's job posting from my profile's proposal section.

shohail003
5 of 12

Hi Goran! Thanks for reading my message. Find Work home page is not shown in the Visibility section. It only showing Locked Private.

shohail003
6 of 12

"You can request your visibility be resumed (for free). If your account is affected, a special contact link will be available on your Find Work home page in the visibility section. If your profile is set to private again in the future due to no earnings, you'll need to contact customer support again."

Hello Goran,

I can't find the Find Work home page in the visibility section. When I move the mouse cursor on the profile Visibility section, it shows to sign up for a Freelancer Plus Membership or Contact Customer Support. I have attached the profile visibility for your better understanding.

Can you please help me find out the Find Work home page?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Aminul

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 12

Aminul,

You are on the right page. If you click on the green link that says "contact customer support," you'll be directed to the form where you can request your profile visibility to be reset for free.

~ Valeria
Upwork
shohail003
8 of 12

Thank you, Valeria. My profile has become Public again. I am late to thank you. It's already 5 days that I have been enjoying Public profile.  If my profile is affected again with Private Locked, Can I turn it into public again?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 12

Yes, Aminul. 

If you haven't earned in the next 25-days, your profile will switch back to public. You may opt to contact our Customer Support Team to switch back your profile to public, or updgrade your membership to a Plus Plan. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shohail003
10 of 12
If my proposal were declined, it wouldn't show in my profile proposal section.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS