🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Proposal sent “icon”
Page options
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Proposal sent “icon”

I've been noticing that when I submit a proposal for a job/project, a small "icon" saying "proposal submitted" (or something to the effect), usually shows up in the "find work" area (where you can scroll through listings).

However, I am noticing that this feature is inconsistent, and comes and goes randomly.

Is Upwork planning to keep/eliminate this?  Why does this show up and disappear?  This is a very useful feature and it would be great if it had some consistency!

4 REPLIES 4
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

I will also add that this feature is extremely effective in identifying scam postings.  This is the main reason I am inquiring about it.

Every so often I encounter clients attempting to scam freelancers or to obtain free work.  Obviously, I try my best to report these posts.  However, these same (or eerily similar) posts will show up again with only a few words altered - I instantly recognize these as similar to the post I had flagged, but that "proposal submitted" icon tells me which one is the original and which was the duplicate with different names (assuming the first has not been removed).

NikolaS

Hi Jeremiah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can better assist you? If possible you can also record experience from your end. That would help our team very much. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Let me see what I can do.  I don't think the recording part will be possible - when this icon is present and disappears, it varies from day to day rather than moment to moment.

The next time I am in the "find work" section I will try to get a screen grab.  Thank you!

Here are two screenshots to just give an example - I may not have applied for the jobs in the first attachment, but there are a couple that I have applied to that do not show the little "applied" icon.

proposal 1.JPG

proposal 2.JPG

  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths